1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remapping a car ECU

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 23, 2011.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    See, to give boost, more fuel needs to be dumped (generally, other than make combustion more efficient), but with greater boost, same work can be done in lesser rpm and lesser need to rev up so lesser fuel consumption. In a moderate remap, the first things make engine more efficient - some of the inefficiencies are due to government/environmental controls - ignition/fuel injection timings, EGR etc. That is why in a moderate map generally fuel efficiency increases, but to get greater boost, eventually you have to dump more fuel so mileage starts decreasing with increasingly aggressive maps.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That ie correct ... on a conservative map with a increase in hp will improve mileage..but there is a fine line ... if a very aggressive map is selected tge outcome can be very different
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
  5. Siddharth has done remapping of many petrol cars, may have Tjet in the list, talk to him for more details.
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    NA petrol cars may not have significant gains but turbocharged petrol will have upto 20% more.
  7. bna

bna Novizio

Bangalore
    TOT guys have remapped a T-Jet in bangalore. Get in touch with them to get more details.
  8. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Bangalore
    I read his review after adding RD box. Didn't realize he added Kriius and now TOT. That was an awesome update/ story. What I wonder is, after so much work, 0-100 in <10Sec. I guess GTX achieves same numbers. I might be stupid to compare hatch back and Sedan but this was done way back in 2002.

Nevertheless, to explore so much and give an outstanding report on his remap was absolutely terrific. May be I am using too many adjectives. :)