1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remapping a car ECU

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Power increase was across the range and more pronounced between 1900-3000 rpm.
    It was 75hp , diesel
    Cosworth make tailor remaps and do the remapping live while connected to UK. infact their UK engineers do remap remotely.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Spoke to Siddharth of Tune-O-Tronics. He says he need to take out the ECU physically to remap it. Doing it via OBD will bump up the reprogramming counter. Any thoughts? Quoted 28000/- for the life of the ECU.
  3. My car is remmaped by Sid, it is running superbly , I have already clocked aroung 8K Kms, I fact Sid gave a different map with out any charge.
    -Sat
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My car is also remapped by him and done about 10k after that. So far I've had no worries at all, Everything is working fine and the best part is you can get it remapped the way you want to.
    I mean you can tell him exactly where you want or dont want power and he will modify the map accordingly.

In future if you have any more changes all those will be done for FREE as well..
    Personally I've got my mapped changed 3 times already.
    So think about it.. I'd say its a good option
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Taking out the ECU is not a good option. Its usually done without taking out the ECU. Its just that the new map is flashed into the ECU as per your tune. Taking out the ECU is an old school technique.
  6. Hmm, there is nothing wrong in it,when Sid opened my ECU , i saw it had little dust leakage due to a small portion not seal properly by the factory folks.
    I got it fixed properly with Anabond god knows what would have happened had I not opted for ECU remap by Sid i might not even be knowing it,may be my car waould have had ECU failure in some middle of forest or during as washing routine.
    Sid does change the existing file not flash new file there are about 169 of them and he does modify 30+ files.my ECU was opened about an year back I haven't faced any issue.at least 10 of my friends have got their cars remmaped by Sid never had Issue.

More than Opening or not opening of the ECU what is done inside the files/maps is important I did talk to many tuners but only got conviced by Sidddarth.

-Sat
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  7. is the cost still 28k for remap from Sid or has he changed his price
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    You will have to talk to him about the costs. but its negotiable so dont worry too much. For the service he gives you and the willingness to stay with you for as long as you're satisfied would beat his pricing any day...
    Trust me on that
    Old school/new school is actually depnedent on what is being done with the ECU.
    If you dont remove the ECU (at least in FIATs) there are 2 problems.
    1.) Counter will be set to counter+1 , as you're "Flashing" it
    2.) You cannot re-program the ECU..
    NOTE the difference
    Flashing is not re-programming.
    Flashing would mean you write a set of 100% new files into the ECU
    while in the latter the parameters of the files that are stock are changed..
    (I guess what i've written is correct)
    Sat, what do you feel
  9. I concur with you,there are about 169 such files around 36 of them needs changes for remap. flashing something all together new is not a good idea.
  10. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    There is a promotional offer going on till 15th September for 20k. Checkout facebook page of tune-o-tronics

http://www.facebook.com/TuneOTronics