1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remapping a car ECU

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Direct hands on approach

Just replacing the original map with one modified map.

P.S:Remapping requires a experienced tuner to do it, this just for your knowledge.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. I need to remap my 1.4 emotion ECU. Can you please help me on this.
  4. I am not expert in Remapping car's ECU, like you i was also searching for the options came across above video's just posted them for knowledge sharing purpose.
    Try PMing Drifter, you can see his posts in engine tuning /modifications section.

Before you go a for remap try going for Iridium spark plugs and see if it satisfies your needs.

Regards
    -Sat
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    hiya Folks....

Does anyone has any idea about Cosworth? Cosworth are one of those who do ECU ReMapping... Anyone has ever seen any fiat running on Cosworth ECU ReMapping done? Hows the performance post ECU Remap by Cosworth ?

I have 1.3MJD - Emotion - BNW - 75Hp.... I want more outta my 1.3 MJD...

Friends... your Valuable inputs would be appreciated... :)

Hope to hear from you guys soon...

Neel:up:confused:
  6. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Thanks Sat-Chit-Ananda for your Valuable reply....

I had a long chat with Siddharth Y'day... He is a nice guy with to talk to and also gave me some important info about ECU remap etc... Nothing against Siddhart and T-O-T... He quoted somewhere around 28000 INR for remap & he was unable to justify his premium charges over Kiirus and Cosworth... Kiirus is chargin Rs.19000 and Cosworth is charging somewhere around 13000 to 15000(yet to receive a final quote from'em)... Moreover Siddharth doesnt have remapped any car in Ahmedabad or nearby..... Thats what is confusing me:confused:
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I dont, I'm thinking of going with T-O-T
    But here is a review about India cosworth
    Swift VDi Remapped - Team-BHP

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I dont, I'm thinking of going with T-O-T
    But here is a review about India cosworth
    Swift VDi Remapped - Team-BHP
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Cosworth is very good. They did a fiat punto right in front of me. The experience after the remap is very good.

The best thing for you - This remapped punto is right in your city. He drove down to pune for remap :)

The only thing holding me right now is that after a remap, the ECU programmed count is increasing which proves that you have remapped the ecu.

I have asked the cosworth engineers to work on this first and get back to me.

Warning: Do not try to use the Galleto 1260 tool yourself. A single fluctuation in the voltage and your ECU is screwed/bricked. Then you will require BDM to get ECU back to life.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    If you got a chance to drive it could you please spill more details.
    1.)where was the power increase felt? (Particularly in the mid gears)
    2.)was it 75 or 90BHP that was tuned?
    3.)Petrol or diesel?
    4.) Can cosworth tailor make a setup for our requirements or is it fixed for a car?