1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap- Tune-O-Tronics, Pete's, WolfMoto, Code6, Kiirus?

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by nishkamm, May 13, 2015.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Okay. You mentioned Wolf maps, so I thought you must be having an impression that maps of others can be resold.
    What you are taking about is tuning box. Which are hardly getting sold now as we have remaps.
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @KKAUL @whitepunto76 @harryaviator @Deepak
    my friend is planning for viezu remap for his palio 1.9 diesel, pls guide us what to look for....

Just fyi, that car has undergone some engine work as well (may be 8 months back)
    He has contacted Viezu Bangalore guys and they are charging 18.5k (as palio is 1.9)
    Your help / tips is much appreciated
    TIA
    Cheers...
  3. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pradeepms

Actually better would be if your friends jots down what exactly he desires from a remap and explains it to the Viezu people.
    It would be too wide to write anything on remap without knowing what exactly he is upto.
    Pradeepms and harryaviator like this.
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pradeepms . Here is my take on Viezu and this is just my opinion basis my interaction with the team.

They were advertising on FB about their Remaps and one Fiatian asked it this will effect warranty to which the response was that this will not effect warranty neither will it effect insurance. I became interested on this point and asked if Fiat even after knowing that the car has been remapped , honor the warranty should anything go wrong. To this his response was that its the decision of the car owner if he willingly wants to tell Fiat about the remap, as such Fiat will not come to know about warranty, and that some manufacturer in other countries dont void the warranty even if car is remapped. He also went on to say that what is doing is bringing happiness to car owner ( as if he is doing it for free ). There was no response when asked to be India and Fiat specific. I was candid enough to post on his response that this is wrong , that they are giving incorrect information to people about warranty and insurance. And this insurance he clarified is that in case required ( not sure what he ment ) they will be able to put the car back on stock map.

I have no experience about how good or bad their maps are or what all they do to the map, but they also claim to give over 90hp power to the 75hp version of Punto. When questions if it's been tested on a dyno in India, Answer is no, its done in Europe.

Their maps might be good, but i personally would not trust a team who are not truthful and have a pack of lies on their claims. If anyone requires proof of the above discussion do let me know and I shall post it here. had taken screenshots of same.

Maybe the cost will be few grands more, but better to put the money with trusted teams like Code 6 or Wolf. Have no experience of TOT, but a few here have got it remapped from TOT and have had good feedback to share.
    whitepunto76 and Pradeepms like this.
  5. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If this is true then definitely they are spreading lies except for the fact that 75 hp to 90 hp thing.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just checked again and they Bangalore Veizu claims to give 18hp and 40NM gain. But they dont have any proof of same. But surely these guys are much cheaper than the others. Around 12-14K for less than 1450cc engine.

Not sure if others have the same way of pricing, based on engine capacity.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  7. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g

In my opinion a remapper is using the same hardware to remap hundreds of punto so I can't even digest why charge 12 to 14K , if you are coming to remap company's office. If he is travelling then ok.

Cracking of ECM is done mainly by the hardware writing company which provides a default software to access some ecu .You can always choose your type of ECU from them.
    Now the brainstorming part that is 18 hp and 40 Nm.
    These in real world do not need a dyno test unless you have to give some definite proof you can easily get the gain by the formula governing the Power a/f ratio graph.You do any thing on any map the main element that will change is injector opening to injector closing time.This is the crux of all maps. The maps are 3 dimensional and they are programmed in such a way that you alter 1 and the other will get on its own.
    I am still bemused if a person like whitepunto is so much involved in improving the performance then why is he not doing on his own and he will do it at a dirt cheap price.
    Actually everybody is charging for his so called intellect and in real world who knows how many are really working to crack the codes or simply buying the cracked code from some UK or swiss company and altering it. It would be like buying a pirated Photoshop from Nehru Place and start showing look I loaded it on my PC how tough it was.
    As far as pricing concerned to engine CC the main motive:
    Higher the CC meany the person has a heavy pocket. Its like Toyota is selling wiper for INnova at around 1100 and same wiper for Fortuner is for 2500
    Pradeepms and kunwar.g like this.
  8. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @pradeep:

Fiat 1.9 Diesel has a great history and its been used in Doblo/Multipla vehicles. Seems like it uses Bosch ECU.
    But, make sure the engine is in good condition. All important parts like EGR Valve/Diesel Particulate Filter/Intake & Exhaust systems working as normal. I do see in some forums mentioned about CF4/CF3 manifolds.
    Does your current 1.9 D has DPF/EGR? Please check.
    Is this 85BHP or 100 BHP 1.9 D?

Coming to remap.
    Viezu remap - have same perspective as mentioned by @Kunwar

Code 6 -
    If the car is in Bangalore, please have your friend drive straight to Bay 6. Discuss in person with his requirements.
    As mentioned by KKaul, please jot down points of what improvement you need.

Petes Tuning -
    Have heard that he had done few 1.9D remaps earlier

Probably, try getting Racechip/RD box used ones and see if this satisfies the need.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 26, 2015 ---
    @pradeep:
    Also, please contact @gurjinder and @riteshranjan who have been using Palio 1.9D since long time and happy with it munching miles without a remap.

Below is one important info:
    "Manual turbo to any engine is not a big engineering job. just design manifolds and engine oil supply pipe line. No need to remap ECU as noting much can be done bcoz we have mechanical injectors (Nozzle) in 1.9D. Same engine with DCU3F fuel injection system produces upto 120BHP with manual turbos. 1.9D is designed in such fashion. Turbo was not added for Indian and few Brazilian models just to keep it a budget car. I don't care about engine compression as retiring pump and cam timing does all the job. and its not only me who is using turbo with this engine"

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-palio-1-9d-vibrations-and-other-problems.10797/page-3

Please check with them. So, remap does not help in this case.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Pradeepms likes this.
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Agreed to a great extend, for the simple reason that the guy sitting UK or Bangalore can update a map in minutes basis feedback from car driver and the uploader simply flashes the new map , seems like its not some rocket science and once a person has the understanding of the different components, he/she can keep experimenting.

However the part of the hardware is where it might not turn out to be a cheap option. I am not sure of the actual cost, but this hardware as i have heard is not cheap. To the tune of a few lakhs is what i had heard. I might be wrong.

Here is my offer. If its within just 1-2 lakh and to me it seems that you have more than the basic knowledge of the factors involved in remapping, lets open our own remapping company. The first Delhi based remappers . What say ? We can take the rest on PM.
    pradeepsangwan and Pradeepms like this.
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hardware to default programme cost for a amateur programmer will not be more than 250 USD for only Punto as far as I know may be I have to recheck it . Don't jump but can't be sure I have to recheck.

Your offer is Lucrative but it would be good if we could simply part the knowledge to everybody because it would never be us who would be in full control. It would always be the hardware company.

The foundation to any thing should be super strong to succeed.
    Anyways I will keep on helping to break this Remapping Jinx to the best of my efforts.
    pradeepsangwan and Pradeepms like this.