1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap- Tune-O-Tronics, Pete's, WolfMoto, Code6, Kiirus?

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by nishkamm, May 13, 2015.

1. nishkamm

nishkamm Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

I have a Punto 90 HP which has run 23000 KMs . I'm keen to increase its performance in terms of bhp and torque. I have contacted few remapping companies like Tune-O-Tronics, Code6. Also i have read a few articles about Kiirus, Wolf Moto and Pete's. How do i pick the best among these? I stay in Bangalore. All the articles contains information about EGR deletion. Though I read all the opinions I could not come to a conclusion whether EGR deletion is good or bad, as the opinions were highly polarized. Please help me in deciding about the vendor for remapping.

Thanks
    Nish.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Wolf is more popular and discussed amongst Fiat members. Switchable remaps, multiple updates if necessary, support on issues, makes Wolf team a better choice. Besides Rajiv and team have been better at answering doubts of all technical nature presented to them to the satisfaction of some technical oriented Team Fiat members.

Best send an email to Wolfmoto and ask about EGR and how and why they have programmed things the way they are.
  3. nishkamm

nishkamm Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks asimpleson
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Main usp of wolf is switchable maps. Not offered by anyone else
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    As far as remap are concerned they can be revealed by FASS easily leading to voiding of warranty.

Tune o tronics tuning boxes are plug & play devices, can be removed by the owner at the time of servicing and warranty issue doesn't crop up.

BTW, Wolf moto remap supporters here on TFI feel that remap is more scientific method of increasing the performance as compared to tuning box which is meant to fool the ECU,though I am skeptical about it.

One question to all : Does EGR deletion leads to deletion of the Catalytic Converter also.?
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    IMO wolf moto is far better than tune boxes. if you browse through the forum there are plenty of positive reviews about WM.
    I think yes. experts can clarify.
  8. nishkamm

nishkamm Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Any idea ,when the WolfMoto team will come to Bangalore?I had sent them an email and got no reply. Also I tried both of the contact numbers and could not connect.
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Think Rajiv is at sea. Will be back around July August
  10. nishkamm

nishkamm Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One more Vendor enters the Remaps business. Its Red Rooster Performance based in Bangalore. More confusion now :(.