1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap of Punto at FIAT

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Folks,

Any one know if there is ECU software remap/version upgrade done by FIAT?
    Reason I asking this question is 2011 Punto seems to be more responsive than 2010 models,few people I spoke to told me that ECU software is is updated by FIAT in 2011 models.

-Sat
  2. I called the dealer , he said no such thing is done as of now for MJD but for FIRE engine yes for addressing AC issue.
    -Sat
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    IIRC, some amount of weight reduction has been achieved in Punto and Linea. This responsiveness could be due to that.
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    AFAIK rear Roll bar is removed in 2011 punto's......think this might have reduced the weight to some extent
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I think the roll bar has been removed long time back or is not a part of Punto's rear suspension itself. i have a March 2010 GP and it does not have the roll bar. Pls pardon me for my limitted knowledge if what i have stated is wrong here.
  6. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    sorry for the silly question ....what exactly does the Roll bar look like and where is it placed ?
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

http://www.automation-drive.com/EX/...table-coilovers-eibach-rear-anti-roll-bar.jpg
    This is how the rear anti-roll bar looks like.

From Wikipedia:
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sway_bar)
    A sway bar or anti-roll bar forms part of an automobile suspension. It connects opposite (left/right) wheels together through short lever arms linked by a torsion spring. A sway bar increases the suspension's roll stiffness—its resistance to roll in turns, independent of its spring rate in the vertical direction.
  8. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Yes i got update last mouth as i was having trouble with ABS system of my car so they updated my ecu ,i got know that when i saw bill statement count-ens that ecu update and labour for ecu remove refit and cost is around 5000 rsunder FOC Lilbit diffirence that i found is improved cold start and smooth ideal engine with ac on , ac compressor trip timings , and main thing is that nw my punto is giving 15 to 16 kmpl in city driving which was 12 or 13 before update , now big question is that 15 days before ecu update i had my 4th paid service at 45000 kms n as well as my car completed 2 yrs so they replace all fluids also so i dnt knw that its just my perception or effect of ecu update, but for last two yr my car was givng 12 or 13 kmpl fuel avrg normally but nw m enjoying that 15+ fuel avrg on same rout and me same driver
  9. Do you know evidence software version number
  10. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    What issues did your car's abs had and where did you give your car for service? Tried calling you but you did not answer my calls??
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011