1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap of new 75 to 90

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Sivanesan, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Sivanesan

Sivanesan Timido

Madurai
    Madurai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi All ,

I hope its the right Forum Section .

So , I have a month old punto evo 75 Hp ,
    its past 2700 Km . i had pushed it to 140 easily , have settled to this limit .
    Am very much ready to take it to next level - maybe 180-
    I know i can do this without remap - but it will strain the engine .
    Read in a forum , you need a good set of drive train to handle the power of 90 and good air intake , filter , etc.
    have a doubt , some say the new engine itself will be ready only after 5000 km , so , am skeptical , to go forward and ultimately stall or cease my engine .
    Have mailed WolfMoto about my doubts , they have sent a quotation of 25,000 Rs. , ready to spend .
    One final Question - Am i heading towards a Nightmare or an Action Sequence ?

Thanks to all - who have patiently listened to my annoyance about the reverse light and so on .
    Thanks to Mod for not Banning me too .
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I personally feel 2700 km on Odo is too early for the remap. I would suggest to wait atleast till 5000 km. Wolfmoto is good choice as you will get multiple maps including stock.
    Sivanesan likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Remap if you feel tired driving in the existing map (that is stock factory map). The standard advice to you or anyone else would be to not push the car at that speeds, not for engine failure reasons but for safety. The given diesel engine won't fail unless there is lack of proper graded oil or problem in cooling system.

I still think its too early to remap in your case. IMO it would be ideal only if you really have fatigue in traffic conditions on a daily basis.

As per my observation and as another ordinary TFIan, I can assure you there is no banning culture as such over here; unless of-course there is purposeful or habitual or repetitive abuse of given privileges. Lets all pray things stay such that sternness is least needed. :D
    jackharrisw, ghodlur and ramjn like this.
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Couple of things I want to add for you to understand about this site, in case you already did not know.

This site is not run by FIAT. It is formed by a group of enthusiastic people for all of us to benefit from each other, knowing different problems and solutions. It also helps to socialize people. No content or person are going to be banned unless its to the limits. You can see praise and bashing for FIATs in equal measure here.

Second, before you start a new thread, unless its your ownership review or your travelogue, make sure that a similar thread does not exists. You can search for a thread giving keywords and even then if you do not find, then start a new thread.
    nkrishnap and ramjn like this.
  5. Sivanesan

Sivanesan Timido

Madurai
    Madurai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    yes , yes , i can understand how this site works .
    and all the threads about remap has not been done in an new one month old car , thats why i started this thread .
    this thread business is like asking permission of a team leader ,

anyway , thanks to all of you , I have deceided to wait till 5000Kms , and after that , i will update you ,
    now - where is this GPS thread , i have to search for it ......
    bye,
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

First of all, remap wont increase car's top speed. It will just help you reach that speed faster. Secondly you'r car, or I should say, engine is way tooo new for a remap. Dont do it until minimum 15000kms, let the engine set in. In Fiat cars, MJD engine is known to keep getting better till even 20000kms, so you see, this engine in our Fiat needs time to settle. Dont just get into the drift of remaps so early and in my opinion, give it some 20000kms before going for a power dose.
    My two cents..