1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap - Discussion

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 16, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Missed this thread for all these times. Just went through all pages. :)

And I may be kicking off another round of debate. I am clearly saying this again. Linea MJD and the Punto 90hp are not same. Linea is quicker. I am saying this after experiencing the 90hp for 15000 kms. on both city and highway. Assuming that my 90hp may be having a problem, I tried driving my friend's 90hp. It's the same. Linea is quicker again.

Have they done remaps on Linea MJD, Sat?
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    I ve not driven a Linea, so I'm not sure how it feels. But as far as the ECU goes I'm sure its the same between the Punto 90 and the Linea.

This is a picture of the ECU in my Punto 90 and the label reads "LINEA MT 90hp"

ha2eda2e.jpg

May be there's a difference in the driveline between the two. Are the gear ratios and final drive ratio same between the Punto and Linea?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  3. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    I hate to say this but even after a remap the linea will still fall short in most of the departments, the rapid is just too powerful (read 280+NM stock torque that too on a dyno)
  4. If Rapid gives 280 Nm on stock it is better car but my point was remap would make Linea more fun to drive, What i have seen in Rapid is once you cross 170 kmph torque and power seem to go down hill and it reached ~185 but it takes time.It may be due to FGT .But I have seen Linea reaching 180kmph with still wafer thin power/torque more.
    No doubt Rapid is lot quicker than Linea MJD.

Rapid gives sudden surge of power in low down but in Linea it happens twice not as much as Rapid,once between 1900-2100 RPM and once more at ~3100 RPM, which feels like you have opened new power band and keeping it at 4200 RPM doesn't need much effort.

A remmaped Rapid is is altogether different beast, power can go upto 150HP and torque can be between 320 nm to 335 nm.But I did not like the jerk what comes from drive train while releasing the clutch.
    If you aggressive at changing gears(read it as racing) you will feel it more, and it becomes little more after remap.
    I don't know what is problem but not sure of long term effect on drive train.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes, they have done both 90 HP Punto and Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree on the 2 stage power surge in Linea. I have encountered a Rapid once on the Bangalore-Mysore road and it is incredibly quick. By the time I catch up the Rapid there comes a speed breaker and he again vanishes from my sight. That's the reason why I want too see a remapped Linea to know how better it is. Again, I would love to have better mid and top range.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

There is no point in comparing the two.
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    1.25L vs 1.6L,no doubt the rapid's/verna's/vento's will be faster with their advantage in cubic capacity.
    Not sure of others but i would not be comfortable by stressing the internals of the tiny MJD by remapping it to push out 100+ horses.
  7. Sat, Not sure Vivek is out of city, there is no response from TOT.

If few members are interested in remap, can we go with a group remap from TFI and get some better deals from TOT?
  8. Sanity over Insanity and Reliability over brutality is what I went for during my cars remap.I am yet to hear and see a post where in remap destroyed the car/engine.But again i respect your opinion although may not be agreeing on it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Last time i spoke to them, they were in Goa!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    in this situation does remap helps ? (initial turbo lag)
    if it was swift it will keep up with rapid and once above 80Kmph ,one can see swift in rear view mirror, while at this crusing speed still non remapped punto/linea will keep the pace.Nothing is wrong with the stock mapping,the issue is only with initial sluggishness(below 1800rpm in lower gears (1 & 2)).
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Ramesh,

Was it not the new verna? Or it happened at a different point of time when I was not there?.
    I heard that the new stock linea/punto is little quicker than old ones. Is it TRUE?

Regards
    Gopi