1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap - Discussion

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 16, 2013.

1. snck

snck Amatore

Linea 1.3
    See, I still have faith in Fiat ;)
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Its not as easy as told to be honest.
    The fiat guys can definitely know that something is not right but they cannot concur that its been remapped. All they will think is that there is something wrong with the ECU settings and easily will tell us that there is no issue while behind doors they would simply flash it with there default maps.

This is one of the biggest advantages of going with TOT

He does remaps so cleverly that the counter does not get incremented , That's the beauty of his works
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

For Warranty claim, just ask TOT to turn the map to FIAT default and you are good to go for warranty ;) (A back up idea to be safe)
    Once back go ahead with another remap
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  4. If at all FIAT reflashes your ECU, TOT will remap it again with same map before flashing for no extra charge.But you may have to get their free time as they are traveling most of time.Also TOT does give any changes you want with out any extra charge.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

No this is not the case. Both the engines are exactly the same, same turbo, same ECU , Same Ecu mapping. Same codes all ditto.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

In general cases service centre won't know if the ECU has been remapped. But if they really wanted to, they can. Engineers at FIAT has the provision to connect to this ECU if the service centre connects it through their Local LAN & they will be able to detect it. I don't know much in technical about this, but was told to me by a friend of mine who is working in FIAT Service . Most ECU has something called a flash counter which records the number of flashes done on the ECU. Even this can be reset by the tuner if he pays attention to it.

BTW has anyone tried Switchable maps ?
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Actually our FIAT ECU has provision for a new micro processor chip and you can also see very well that the place for it is vacant.
    Looks like they have the ECU but no extra chip to work its magic.

Having said that there are guys from RD who give you switchable ECUs but thats going to cost you as much as a 2nd hand maruthi which has done 60k!!
  8. Folks,

I just spoke to Siddharth of ToT came to know that he is charging flat rate of 25K for remap for any car and will offer some discounts if we are from TFI. This offer is for valid until may 10. This includes any changes to maps as desired until you are the owner of the car.

9. Hey Sat, what is the discount we are looking at? Cosworth is doing remap for 16K afaik.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

25K flat is the rate TOT is quoting . In case there are many takers you might want to discuss the same with him only.
    Secondly i'm not sure about the price difference but if i'm right then cosworth remaps your engine only once and its a preset map.
    (I'm not sure if the do it time and again, everytime you want a small change.)