1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap - Discussion

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 16, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The main reason the Punto/Linea is slow is because of the gear ratios and the old rubbery C530 gearbox. The moment you see a C635, things will drastically improve. But either ways, once the car picks up speed, its a difficult proposition to knock it off.

OT" By the way when are you coming to Bangalore. Its been long I believe.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Is it 530 or 510?
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Its 530. The palio came with 510. Though there is not much difference apart from the torque ratings between the two.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I found it entirely opposite - Linea has very prominent boost post ~2200 RPM in the second gear and also in other gears at a particular RPM which I forgot now. On the other hand I find my FGT to be a bit more Linear! Do note that 90HP is not tuned as the same as that of Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@krishna, I am held up with office for the past three weeks, am making a trip for sure by April end. Would buzz you for sure, am getting the 90HP for some cosmetic mods.

@teky: More details please. How exactly are they differently tuned? Because they both have the same engine code. Also, are the gear ratios same for 90HP and Linea?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. In FGT it is possible to get a jerk when turbo kicks in post remap but in linear it is felt but nature of VGT makes the power delivery linear.Best exmaple of FGT kick would be old swift where once you reach 2K RPM one get pushed back to seat.
    I have made sure jerk is avoided but it is sill felt when i drive Linea and my car back to back.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    There was a thread where this was discussed, I can't seem to find it now will definitely post it once I find it. There was a debate around the same and I wasn't sure of the conclusion. One of the point was that Turbo is different between Linea & Punto 90HP, I'll surely dig into this and post more info.
    1 person likes this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Quick question guys, how hidden is this remap from the scanners which FASS use? I mean is there anyway they can make out that the maps are re-written? If they do, they can deny warranty and stuff!

@teky: Nope bro, part number is the same for the turbo in GP 90HP / Linea. I have some info regarding this on the off topic thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Foolish question: What happens if there is an update from FIAT and FASS reprograms the ECU during service? remap Money lost, or the remap settings can be 'recovered'? :)

Isn't a tuning box a better solution (also from warranty and insurance terms)?
    1 person likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Liked your optimism :clap Hope Fiat India reads this ;)

There has been a detailed discussion about this on TFI. Tuning box has many flip sides including engine blown cases.
    2 people like this.