1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap - Discussion

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 16, 2013.

1. It is good Idea,Let us list down the names of the people who are interested.
    1 person likes this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Very recently before the 15000 kms service, did log a true speed of 175 in the gps. So with the remap it should be atleast a true speed of 180-185.

Note: No way I am encouraging high speed antics.

- - - Merged Post - - -

VGT will definitely be able to provide better boost pressure in the higher rpms than the FGT, which should anyways help the top end performance.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Getting any thing more than 155-160 kmph in 76 BHP is tough, it takes an effort reach there too.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    pre remap i managed only 140 and it felt like it was reaching 150 but took a really really long time to do so.
    Post remap the fastest I've gone is 175, with 4 guys onboard and AC turned on.

So that speaks volumes about TOT

Btw i'm get to drive a VGT punto with TOT's remaps . I've heard from owners that its truly a rocket but never got the opportunity to TD myself
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The stock VGT will definitely do 160+ without much fuss. And very True the remap should only enhance it unless there is something wrong with the engine.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Naive question: Is re-map OK for insurance or FIAT warranty claims.?
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    No, this is considered as an unapproved modification for both insurance and warranty claims.
  8. How does insurance surveyor can find it out when FIAT themselves can't find it.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The service center guys can definitely make once they drive the car. However, a bit of rapo will definitely help in such scenarios.

By the way the current examiner at the FASS does not have the capacity to read the maps. By the way either Magneti Marelli or FIAT with their equipments can definitely find out the remap, but for that you need such a big problem at the first place.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

You bet. I just pressed the throttle to piss off a Figo guy on the expressway, (in my defense, he started first :p) and I looked at the speedo after few seconds and was at 170.

I usually drive sedate but this was once from when I bought the car.

TFI-Support: Please do not post pics of high speeds on the forum. Thanks.
    1 person likes this.