1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap - Discussion

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 16, 2013.

1. My car is as of now at 102 BHP at crank and 93 BHP at wheels as per tuner, knowing his expertise he will not be way too off from those numbers. Planning to get the car dynoed.
    Sapam likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Sat , you forgot me?? :(
  3. Surya,

It depends. i fi drive sedately I get FE of 25 KMPL, this is what I got for Kanwa reservoir TFI meet, while coming back i drove at speeds up to 130 kmph, but was testing the acceleration after turbo hose clamp replacement.
    FE reduced to 20.5 and alter I and shams ripped the car for few times to test 0-100 timings, FE decreased to 18.9 kmph.

One thing for sure what FE you get at what speeds and RPM become predictable.As for as me is concerned Car needs to give good FE when light footed and needs to deliver performance when driven harder.

I do like quote " there is more to life than km/l" but not all the time.

- - - Merged Post - - -

How can I ? Theblack TD'ed my car after turbo clamp replacement, the touch 5000 RPM consistently, we did not even look at the speed as just watching needle hovering at 5000 RPM it self was intoxicating enough.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    what about the superchargers and NOS (Nitrous Oxide Injection) do they play any role in tuning, How much did it cost for the remap and time ?
  5. Surya, I did not go in those lines as I wanted to keep the car as stock as possible albeit ECU maps.Not sure you get good after market super charger in India. It will be very difficult to fit as it needs to be coupled with timing belt, which MJD doesn't have.

NOX is is extreme or brute force method of extracting power it's only elder cousin to tuning boxes.

I thought of going for Cat-back free flow exhaust but dropped the idea after hearing the drone in some cars which I TD'ed
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The numbers the TOT guys quoted for my kind of requirement is 115 bhp at crank and around 105 bhp at the wheels whereas the torque jump would be around 22-25% which would turn out around 255Nm. The C530 gearbox can handle upto 300 NM torque, so we are still in the 85% ball park of full capacity. I will ask him to provide me the torque and power curves to understand where the improvement is.

Satchidananda, I will be looking for your help in this regard.
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    From where you are getting remapped in b'lore? with Dyno how much more you are expecting to achieve. I have to see something in hyd bt will wait for car to cross 15K ..
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    there is a fine line in taking remaps to make a car driver friendly and making it FASC friendly .
    No doubt the power is intoxicating but if you go further and further on it the system is going to give up easily. NOS are for guys who own oil rigs and almost never needed in any conditions.

To add to Sat's descriptions about mileage.
    My car is running on a slight more torque at bottom end than Sat's is .
    and I was driving wit the boot open and 2 guys with cameras sleeping in it during the bangalore meet , most of my driving was in 3rd and 4th and heavy acceleration to keep moving up and down the convoy and i still managed 16.5kmph.

On the return trip with AC turned on and occassionally doing 130 i got an avg of 20.3kmpl.

So its more to do with how one can drive. But nonetheless i've begun to believe in remaps and any other car i'm going to buy will be remapped soon after! "without a doubt"

- - - Merged Post - - -

Siddhart "Tune-o-tronics"

(You can tell him you got his number from 'sham' or 'Sat-chit-anand' from TFI ) and he'll know!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Remap (at least for me) is understanding where our cars lack punch and trying to bridge the gap . To be honest you really dont need to wait for longer than 3-5k kms .
    Its more of taking time off to see where you want things to improve by understanding how the car behaves than ensuring it clocks more kms .
    1 person likes this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The authorized service center guys will never be friendly when it comes to engine mods, be it a tuning box or a remap. Phew!

The power upgrade should be well within the tolerance limits given the OEM manufacturer. The mods that beyond tolerance will hold good in racing applications but not for day to day usage with reliability compromised.

The mileage is dependent on the amount of throttle is fed. If its pedal to metal mode, the FE will reduce, build speed gradually and maintain a good average speed, you will still see higher mileage. So taking it easy will give better FE be it in stock map or a remapped mode.

So its more to do with how one can drive. But nonetheless i've begun to believe in remaps and any other car i'm going to buy will be remapped soon after! "without a doubt"

- - - Merged Post - - -

Siddhart "Tune-o-tronics"

(You can tell him you got his number from 'sham' or 'Sat-chit-anand' from TFI ) and he'll know!![/QUOTE]
  10. I have already PM'ed you my number, give me a call when you want to TD,one difference what you will see turbo push will be more pronounced than Linea due to it being FGT.
    In fact i dropped the idea of selling my car after remap as it kept me satisfied.before remap i always wanted to go for 90HP or some other car IMHO car lacked the real performance.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.