1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap - Discussion

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 16, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if you are comparing it with your car, old ep's NVH is quite good compared to active's!
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    My active NVH is more compared to current dynamic and emotion.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    exactly what i am saying bharath :)

not only current but it will be more than old higher variants too!
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i lost the whole agenda here!! :)
    so where does the pro and anti remappes stand right now?? :p
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    trying to fix bharath with abarth :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack, we were not completely OT though!, remap reduces NVH right? we were just trying to see if there was an upgrade to ECU maps in 2012 version a kind of remap lol.

I am in for remap, just that the noise has to go down for me, followed by lag and then power to go up. As I have already used tuning boxes and bored of it i am trying to lay my hands on remap. The best guide for this discussion is the one who has tried both tuning boxes and remap and tell us what is worth. I believe Sat had an experience on tuning boxes and trust him and you to go for remap decision.

There were three of us planning to get remap done, Vivek said he will come down to mysore and suddenly disappeared. Think they are travelling through out India now.

The best quote i got from Vivek was 25000, but if there are more heads probably we can ask for discounts to TFI members.

Group Remaps anyone??
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A remap reduces NVH? I wish someone explains that to us laymen...
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes it does and everyone who has sat in my car notice that at the instant the doors are locked and engine is started.
    And from what i can gather via other forums and discussions its happens so because engines here are tuned to run lean and sometimes too lean that they are not performing efficiently like one predicts (getting a 16kmpl does not mean the performance is efficient ).
    So proper fuel burn, ignition timing all get modified and im guessing that reduces the clatter.

This is as far as my knowledge goes if you can wait till OCT - 3 then you can drive my car personally to see the difference ;-)

- - - Merged Post - - -

If i'm doing 40kmph in 4th or doing between 1700-2000 in any gear you will not hear the engine from inside at all (even when the windows are down)
    1 person likes this.
  10. theblack, what is your remap setting? . Sat seems to be done for mid range and top end. Just want to get as much info as possible. Tomorrow Vivek is driving down to Mysore. I am getting my car remapped