1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap - Code6 for my Linea

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by harryaviator, Jul 9, 2015.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @KKAUL - apart from all these, and diverting a bit .. Isn't cold start requirements taken care by glow plugs.. Not so sure..
  2. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Glow plug will only help in starting not while running But when You are running in areas where outside temp is say below 5 degress then there is a hell lot of problem if EGR or coolant switch is disconnected.
    off the topic
    Way back some time in 2002 I was driving a naturally aspirated diesel engine in Upper Himalayas and it could'nt just breathe and stopped in middle of a gushing stream I was crossing and refused to start.That day I understood the imp of Turbo.

So you never know where you want to take your vehicle so better be prepared for worst of the worst.
    You know harry the test mule is equipped to such a level that we cannot imagine. They do all the R&D of ECM there and then.If they did'nt then we could never had that look up table or graphs those are ther in ECM memory

and request all to please take all my postings in good spirits and I do not want to be prove that I am much informed.
  3. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @harryaviator, @KKAUL....

@harryaviator am not a race driver.. Like u sedate driver.. ;-) My requirement is to get rid of initial lag in 1st and 2nd gear(with a/c on sometimes I feel car is not moving at all) and in empty straight road or NH i may try to go over 150, so far my highest is 140 in nice road Bengaluru(120 in Mysore-Bengaluru highway) and yeah if remap improves driveablity (as told by you and @whitepunto76 ) driving with less stress (and less leg pain ;-) ) am very much interested and is what am looking for.
    Anyways am learning a lot from u guys and @Deepak i saw ur EGR deletion thread is very informative and regarding 2T oil mixing @whitepunto76 can throw more light....
    Cheers....
    Deepak likes this.
  4. Chaitanyapv

Chaitanyapv Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Harry, when you give to FASS for service, is there a way to turn back to stock so they don't realize its been remapped?
    Wolf has that advantage. Does code6 also have a similar advantage?
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Chaitanyapv . No one ( in India atleast ) has that option other than Wolf Team.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    thats right, but if FASS decide to hook up their laptop to the ECU, they do realize that it has been remapped. and moreover, a multiple map on 1.3 engine does more harm than one steady map(especially for longevity of engine )
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got my car hooked to the laptop and it was on Map3 and yet they couldn't detect. They cant check if the ECU has a different map.

Can you share more insight as to why will multiple maps harm the longetivity of engine ? If that is the case then Tata Zest is doomed.
    Pradeepms and Deepak like this.
  8. Binoj John

Binoj John Timido

Cochin
    Linea Classic
    @harry.. how will it perform on linea classic 75hp VGT? iam looking for a remap.
  9. Binoj John

Binoj John Timido

Cochin
    Linea Classic
    75 hp FGT not VGT. sorry for the mistake
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    75HP is FGT. As you are in cochin, you have lots of inhouse options.