1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Remap - Code6 for my Linea

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by harryaviator, Jul 9, 2015.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @harryaviator

Thanks for the mine of information. How much did you say it costed your remap? Also did you do a cost comparison and FE comparison between code 6 and Wolf?
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just my thought : remapping punto/linea mjds shouldn't decrease FE as after remapping you wouldn't have to push/accelerate more in 1st 2nd gear to get power, in fact FE should increase.. Also 3rd gear becomes more usable in the lower RPMS post remap
    harryaviator, Pradeepms and Ganges like this.
  3. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @harryaviator

Can You please upload the datasheet confirming few facts such as the current Fuel and air Pressure at all points with Rpm. Fuel Quantity with Rpm.Please also shed some light on how were they able to check EGT and by how many degress that has increased with on 2000 and above rpm.
    Since you mentioned Code6 had laptop connected so they might have got all the data of your car. Please tell them this is just for Knowledge purpose and not for duplicity. I do not want the timing and sequence details just the feedback details from the sensors.
  4. jagdeesh

jagdeesh Timido

kakinada
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    hello avventurians,
    I bought Racedynamics dual channel box for my avventura.
    Its really good and initial lag in pickup drastically improved and there is no need of frequent gear down shifting when ever we want to overtake or move quickly. I have been using racedynamics box in my fluidic verna since 3 years. First thought of going for remapping and later changed my mind because whenever we want to go back to factory settings we can do with the box.
    Tornado and harryaviator like this.
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3

thats quite a lot of data. will definitely get them the next time i go to them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2015 ---
    price is at par. both are same.
    FE i believe is down to the driving style in its entirety
    thats great, but personally, i was never happy with tuning boxes. anyways, keep a lookout for heavy smoke under hard acceleration.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't want to disclose the actual amount :).
    Please do, a few grands here and there can sway people's decision.
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    code 6 - came down to 24
    wolf - 25

its just a thousand rupees . price wise both are same. it all depends what you want.

PS - Constant switching of maps is harmful to the engine. better is having one map and vary your driving style.

one of the major reasons why i kept myself away from wolf.
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @harryaviator good to know u r enjoying post remap and especially i liked "I wish, Fiat takes a lesson out of this gives everybody the pleasure of driving that I am experiencing as of now" and that inspires me to go for remap... ;-) couple of questions....
    1. EGR deletion will not emit more smoke and what is ur experience
    2. Engine sound is more? (especially in morning I mean first time starting ur engine, i feel more sound)
    3. Any instructions/maintenance tips post remap from code6 (especially engine)

TIA..
    cheers
  9. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @Pradeepms

1. Technically, with egr off, the engine is having cleaner burn.Smoke from engine is reduced and efficiency increases. smoke will be reduced, but Nox emissions increases(and Nox is colourless), but well within the PUC limits

"By feeding the lower oxygen exhaust gas into the intake, diesel EGR systems lower combustion temperature, reducing emissions of NOx. This makes combustion less efficient, compromising economy and power. The normally "dry" intake system of a diesel engine is now subject to fouling from soot, unburned fuel and oil in the EGR bleed, which has little effect on airflow. However, when combined with oil vapor, can cause buildup of sticky tar in the intake manifold and valves. It can also cause problems with components such as swirl flaps, where fitted. Diesel EGR also increases soot production, though this was masked in the US by the simultaneous introduction of diesel particulate filters. EGR systems can also add abrasive contaminants and increase engine oil acidity, which in turn can reduce engine longevity."

Though engine manufacturers have refused to release details of the effect of EGR on fuel economy, the EPA regulations of 2002 that led to the introduction of EGR were associated with a 3% drop in engine efficiency, bucking a trend of a .5% a year increase.

hope that answers everything related to EGR

2. Engine sound has definitely definitely reduced.
    more refined, and better purring.

after remap, if u are an aggressive driver, bring the oil change schedule to every 7k kms. otherwise, none in particular.Give it 150-200kms to settle down,and you will find the whole change.

PS:- anyone coming down to kochi, is more than welcome to do a test drive on my linea. i am freaking beaming across, ear to ear.
    the only recommendation is, instead of straightaway going for an aggressive performance oriented map, its preferable to go for more refinement and low end torque, and gradually go up in stages in case you are not pleased
    Pradeepms and Turbothinghy like this.
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pradeepms
    Few more details in continuation to harry's post

1) Nitrogen is a inert gas but at high temp during combustion reacts with free oxygen to form NO. That is the reason we need to lower combustion temp.Though EGR will give a drop in efficiency and all the stuck up what harry has explained but will have nil effect if you are driving say above 3000+ rpm because then it doesnt come into picture.

2) Engine sound during cold start will be of longer duration coz EGR also helps in preheating of engine in colder climates
    3) Engine protection: Yes indeed service interval will be shorter and I would prefer a full synthetic oil post remap so as to boost turbo life
    Turbothinghy and Pradeepms like this.