1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reliance General Insurance - Mistakes Galore!

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by amit, Jun 30, 2010.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I bought the Reliance Auto Insurance for my Punto last year because they gave me a hefty discount and had the best deal. While the service was prompt and efficient - everything was done over email and phone - the policy came with two mistakes:

- The engine cc was mentioned as 1368.
    - Variant was mentioned as Fiat Grande Punto Emotion.

This was corrected through an endorsement.

This month the policy was up for renewal and I stuck with Reliance. This time the policy again showed two mistakes!

- Engine capacity mentioned as 1198cc.

- Variant mentioned as Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active.

The endorsement came. Engine capacity changed to 1248cc. Agent said the systems were upgraded to reflect the diesel engine capacity. Agent says their systems were not upgraded to reflect diesel engines and same was done now. I tell him last year too they gave me an endorsement for the engine cc. Does this mean that it took them one year and still counting to upgrade their systems? Besides, what about other Punto owners? Do all Punto policies only show petrol engine capacities!!

The endorsement still did not reflect the change of variant so the agent says he will again make an endorsement to reflect the change to 'Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion PK' :A

I am shouting out to all Fiat diesel owner's with Reliance Insurance. Check your policies. Make sure they reflect the diesel engine capacity!

Next year, I am moving my business to some other company!
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Amit !! Bajaj Allianz is your best bet.

We booked our cars at about the same time. No insurance companies had any clue about the car. When I called Bajaj Allianz for a quote and told them that this is a new car that has been launched they sent a local Bajaj Allianz representative to meet me. He noted down all the variants and engine capacities from the price list & brochure respectively.

Result : my policy document accurately mentions the engine capacity and variant !!

Yaar : ek phone karta !! I would have given you a better deal with Bajaj Allianz than what Reliance offered you.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Ya stupid of me! I deserve to be :hit

Next year pakka I will call you!
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    On top of that i heard Reliance has stopped cashless deals.. Thats why tata/fiat offers Bajaj these days on their new cars.. Heard this from a local dealer...
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I have a question.

Can I transfer my insurance from Reliance to some other company? I had renewed my vehicle insurance with Reliance a few weeks back and they still havent' sorted out the mistakes I pointed out. Fed up with these guys!

6. gods-envy

Do what I did for my Bajaj Allianz insurer.
    I called them up and blasted them on the phone and told them that 'if the corrected policy is not in my mailbox by 1 hour, Bajaj Allianz has to pay for my insurance from their pocket'
    I also told them that I am recording this call so they don't pull a nasty one later.

I called them back again in one hour to check... Promptly enough, I had the corrected policy in 2 hours time.

Edit - just saw that your post is more than a month old. I am sure you might have solved your problem by now :D
  7. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    even same with me they wrote 1.4 dynamic n even my address is wrong