1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rejoice in the woodlands by trine daylights

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by zenwalker, May 9, 2015.

1. bharath

bharath Regolare

Wonderful to see your love towards village! I reside in Coimbatore for the past five and half years working in an IT company and recently moved to a village "Keeranatham" back to our company.Life here is heaven with maize field ,coconut trees with Baya Weavers at the back of our house. Baya Weavers have become my alarm clock these days :)

Got to admit that I will move back to the city after marraige until then making best use of the bachelors life :)

zenwalker, RaviHegde, vayfiat and 2 others like this.
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Zen, correction in my name - I'm Vinod. :)
    kedarbendre likes this.
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Within a month of starting the farming work I am slowly understanding why farmers are committing suicide in this country. They have been trapped from all sides and nowhere to go. Getting any work done is so difficult - daily wages have gone so high, all inputs have become expensive. At the end of it his produce fetches same price as a decade back! Recently there was a report saying whole sale prices of vegetables have gone down by 10-15%, but the retail prices have gone up by 20%. Who is the beneficiary you can imagine! Therefore whenever I saw a farmer selling his produce himself (direct selling in the market) I never bargained with him - just paid the price he demanded because the demand never looked outrageous. People in cities pay through their nose for things labelled as "organic". That shop keeper would have bought the same stuff at throw away price from a poor farmer. Therefore I have decided to start an outlet in a city and sell my produce there - not as high as the organic shops, but not as low as the chemically produced stuff people buy in regular shops. No bargaining please! Discount is only for commodity stuff. Really good quality stuff sells at a premium, not at discount. So, no discounts on home stay too (if and when I start it) :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 14, 2015 ---
    Not worth it. Our cities have become so highly polluted that you will do irreversible damage to your health if you live in a city. I have a small child who had endless episodes of cold. I realized his body is telling city is no good, get out! Left the city - his cold went away and health is normal now. After leaving city none of us had to visit a doctor even for common cold. Today in cities children are getting asthma at the age of 2 or 3 years (which normally happens at the age of 60-70 years in villages). That tells you the level of damage city is doing to our health. So, be away from the city - that is the best you can do to yourself and your loved ones.
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    zenwalker, bharath and vayfiat like this.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Though this might be a hijack of this thread, I should agree with you 100%. Suggest you The Violence of Green Revolution by Vandana Shiva and One Straw Revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka. Suggeat you to try things differently and be a guide to the farming community around. All the best! I can only suggest stuffs like this and live in a city for the time being. :(
    RaviHegde likes this.
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Awesome snaps of the birdies. @zen: is this Mugilu Homestay at Sakleshpur.
    Also, there are few places of visit like mallalli falls, somwarpet club, hemavathi backwaters, rudrapatna and others.
    Bisle ghat is best experienced during rainy season. Lucky that you did not find any elephants there in summer.
    Summer is infested with elephants in these areas. Good traveloque.
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

@RaviHegde ,Agree completely! Have to find a girl who suits my frequency but it has been a hard searcho_O so far.Collegues have started feeling jealous already on our location and a gang has already packed out from the city ;).
  7. Omar

Omar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker - Dude, would you like to trade places with me for a month? ;) I would love to travel the way you do...without any restrictions.

The only travel i do at the moment is for office work. Sleep in hotels, planes or airports. Yucks :(

By the way, awesome travelogue and great pics. Looks straight out of a postcard. Would you please share some details on the homestay along with contact numbers etc?

8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Yes every time i am on that side of the world, its just heaven. You are very lucky to be there and enjoy. I envy you on this ;)

Please accept my apologies. :(

Yes even when i visit the rural places, i speak with farmers asking quite a few questions. They too have the same opinion. And i have already taken the route you have mentioned. On the road, i keep looking for the farmers selling right off the fields stuffs and i just buy than bargaining. We highly respect their hard work.

Oh btw, thats a deal breaker man ;)
    Anyways, good luck on starting off the shop and the homestay. Do let us know the shop details. Always eager to buy the fresh quality ones regardless of the natural price.

Thanks, glad you liked it. No sir, its not that homestay and infact its not really an official homestay. The owners are trying to start off an official one though soon. So you get the drift ;)

As per the locals, the bisle ghat do not get much of the elephants intrude these days. Its around 20 kms away from this place where there is a huge conflict.

Lol :D Sorry to hear that you having a hectic life. Better change the job or take a long leave. ;)

Sure, ill PM you the details.
    bharath likes this.