1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reining in "Drogon"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by contrarian, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations contrarian on getting your T-Jet at last.
    Post loads of pics of your Stunning HHB baby.
    Happy miles with more smiles.
  2. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot! I agree for underbody coat. Even more so for Bangalore, I have my doubts about requiring it (Mumbai is a different story). Esp with covered car park. But since it's on company lease and I plan to buy it back post that I was considering it.

Thanks a lot! Have read a lot on your posts. Really like it! I took it from Fiat Caffe and the experience so far has been ok. Adherence to timelines is an issue with them (but that's very individualistic habit I guess). And also a couple of other things which I will soon try to post. Issue regarding the front doors is that quite often it doesn't close unless some force is used. Rear ones are fine. I had highlighted this in PDI and was accepted by SA but I don't think they rectified it. Regarding the discount, it's long story between my company, leaseplan and the dealer but finally I did get around 80k. And OTR cost is not applicable in my case coz my company has a weird way of calculating the cost basis the eligibility.

Thanks a lot buddy! Congratulations to you too! Yes I am also getting used to it. It could also be due to my seating position I have realised. But I am not the types used to half clutch driving usually and thus getting used to it somewhat when picking up! Front doors, as I pointed out need some force to be closed unlike the rear ones!

Thanks a lot Krish. I've got used to the ergo a bit. My better half is still adjusting though. Yes, the chrome I'm planning is on lines of emotion variant. My heart was set out on Emotion always but thanks to my company I had to settle for Dynamic. So I want to take it as close to it as I can with chrome, seat covers and later the tyres:)

Thanks buddy!

Thanks a lot Nadeem. Sure I will post the pics soon... In fact I'm being kept so busy these days at work is that the only time I'm actually smiling is when I'm with Drogon :)

@scorpioman I'm based out of Yelahanka.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  3. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Do let me know the details once you have shortlisted on the chrome setup on your "Drogon". I'd consider it doing as well. Upon checking with FIAT during delivery, they said it'd cost 11k and I had my apprehensions then hence postponed it.
  4. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Hi,
    Congratulations on your acquisition of the jet !!
    Please do post lot of pics of your black beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and happy Jetting, and a great day you took home the Jet.
    I was also Blessed with Baby Boy on 24.12.13.

Happy Jetting
  6. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    Hi @Krish1484, just to update you, I didn't go for the chrome for the reasons a) They were themselves confused how would it get installed and what would it cost with ranging from 3k to 11k or whatever b) They said they'd have to drill holes in the bumper to install it! c) I've finally come to love it without chrome to be honest.
  7. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    That's awesome @Tony! Many congratulations to both you and your wife! I hope he turns out to be as spirited as Drogon, obviously your choice of naming him though wouldn't be that :)
  8. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    Better late than never! Here is my story with Drogon…

This is the story of a guy meets a car (500 Days of Summer style!). But this is no ordinary love story. This is a contrarion meeting a dragon. This is the story of Drogon ..
    Well the drama apart, this is the story of HHB Linea T-Jet (Dynamic) coming to our life (me n my better half). To give it a more visual dimension let me begin with a few snaps rather than ending with them!"

20140114_151731.jpg

20140201_134917.jpg

20140202_123839(3).jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    Now coming to details, as I believe most interesting of love affairs are bereft of providence and filled with serendipity. So what started as a hunt with Amaze and Classic as lead contenders ended up with Drogon as the only and first finisher.
    Circa June 2014, my earlier lease of company car came to end and the hunt began for replacement. I had the option of buying back or giving it back. To be honest I loved my previous one a Vista with the MJD heart. And was still emotionally attached coz she was the first one of my life and what a car it was! I still call it the bullet of hatchbacks. Quirky but lovable. Funny in mannerisms but reliable. Fidgety but solid. Some of my best memories of road travels were after all in her. And the only time we brushed with danger was when I acted stupid, once a road rage (she made me more somber after that) which led to some minor replacements and once my oversight of a big enough platform yet unconspicuous enough. Bottom line, the total spend on the car over 4 years, 33 thousand and not even a puncture! Net result, a good resale value as well (can give some credit to the upkeep as well J).. Much as I had a heart for the car (most for the MJD heart she had), I had to let her go with a heavy one as I was anyways shifting to a petrol …
    This brings us to the affair that began next. So as I mentioned what began as a race with Amaze and Classic soon expanded with slight loosening of strings to make a certain down payment and go for a better one. That doesn’t mean we didn’t have a test drive of Amaze and Classic. So while Classic is one hell of a car, Amaze was perfect only for someone else and not me. Then once some money came in the focus shifted to Rapid and City. While Rapid with Diesel plant is a monster in the segment,but I as I said was going with petrol (having lived with diesel for 4 years now I wanted to go a bit with Petrol besides my company gives me fuel in litres and not rs so who wants to complain!). So though I still liked the Rapid over City simply for it's handling being better and honestly even the acceleration did "appear" to be better the Ambition variant at that time didn't have the passenger airbag so it was losing there. So while I was debating between the two and scouring through team-bhp I tried to get a view there but was blocked by the mods citing weird reasons. That's when I landed at TFI and cartoq where my curiosity got me back to Fiat and Amit / Roshun of cartoq (I know amit is here at TFI but don't know his handle) suggested T-Jet to me. And thus I decided to give it a shot.

I was circumspect about their service (basis whatever I had read) and my worst fears came true when I started calling up dealers for test drive. First up was Aadya and the lady calmly told me that T-Jet vehicle wasn't available for test drive and if I would want to drive another variant. And I was wow. I said when can I get Jet she had no idea. And I hung up. Not to give up, I called them again (reason- they are the nearest to my office) and this time the vehicle had met with an accident so I was again told to take a hike. I politely said if they can give me a call when it is available. And as it turns out no calls. I was beginning to wonder if pre-sales is like this what would be after sales!
    Anyways, next in line (after reading on TFI) was Fiat Caffe aka KHT. And I decided to write to @adit. This time better luck at least I got a call and I was told I would be contacted soon. Well that soon came and went by! One fine day when the guy was supposed to come he didn't turn up and viola again no call back! And I was again like vow! Well a couple of calls later and a few days the car finally did come and surprise surprise it was not T-Jet. It was an ROFL and crying moment both! Fantastic I said. Having said that whenever I face trouble I tend to close it in my favour. So not to give up I gave the guys a piece of my mind and finally did get T-Jet for a test drive. And the moment I sat in the baby I had a smile plastered all over my face. A smile that does turn to a frown a few times but still can't get it off each time I get into the car. So as if history was to repeat itself when people advised me against Vista and I went ahead with it, my entire family and friends advised me against Fiat but I decided to go for it. The difference was that my better half had TDed it and loved the tug at the back that she felt in Jet.

But then began the long wait. I was supposed to be going to US / Canada for a month or so and in the interim the financial calculations made sens to get the car post the return. In the interim as if to make it a challenge for me all stake holders, the lease company, the dealership and my company posed enough hurdles for me to dissuade me from my choice. But just like the struggle for my better half I wasn't the one to give up. And finally Drogon came to the house on 24.12.2013 ! I will deal the dealership experience separately (esp for @adit) coz there is a lot of scope for improvement and a few things have actually not left a good impression on me so far. Regarding the lease part... well folks, I am kind of an expert now thanks to all the BS that's been thrown around me so in case any of you guys want any guidance I'd be more than happy to help! So let's shift focus now to my latest love story .. it's actually a love triangle between me, my wife and Drogon but Drogon loves us both and so do we so it's a happy love story. It's just co-incidental that we both love the movie how to train your dragon too :)..

So the story of Drogon shall continue... with the elements of our first 48 days together and the odo already reading 3k...
    1 person likes this.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Great Picture dude,
    LIEN is the name of my Boy..