1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reining in "Drogon"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by contrarian, Jan 7, 2014.

1. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    And finally (much like an epilogue of a book) after many twists and travails a spanking (pun intended) new T-Jet arrived at our home. And it's been named as "Drogon" (based on The Song of Ice and Fire). I've been busy like hell to come on internet itself so the delay in posting but will try to keep updating it as and when the time is available. So far the update is as below (more about the car and later about dealership):

Version: T-Jet HHB - Dynamic
    Date of Delivery: 24th December
    Pre-Delivery experience: Ok (will detail on this in appropriate forum for KHT / Fiat Caffe esp for @adit)
    Delivery experience: Ok (I'm finicky about time hence again will post the comments at appropriate place)
    Car: Awesoooommmmmeee (seconded by my better half so carries double the weight - she's a more spirited driver of the two :) )
    Odo: 1500 km (wallopped 1k in first week itself)

Experience so far:

2) Braking! Stupendous
    3) Ride (seconded by my dad for back seat too)
    4) Handling (almost at par with Ford Classic perhaps)
    5) THE surge post 2k rpm

Dislikes:
    1) Front door closing - irritating like hell and despite being pointed out during PDI also
    2) Ergonomics of seating position (esp for better half) particularly from operating the windos switches
    3) Tendency to stall if clutch released early in 1st gear or if uphill (might be my driving issue but wifey facing the same). Having come from 1.3 MJD in vista, it's a bit of a concern, hopefully might improve after some more running in
    4) Wheel wells look a bit empty with 15" (can't do much about it as of now)
    5) Blue & Me - Hadn't noticed that it doesn't play music and takes some getting used to it! It's a pain sometimes to make it recognise the correct names when calling. More quirks on this but that later
    6) The arm rest makes annoying creeking noise every time you rest your hand on it
    7) Quality of audio - am an audioholic with most of my collection being in flac so a big downer there

Future course:
    1) Accessories to be installed this week (seat covers, flaps, parking sensors, bit of chrome etc)
    2) Post that paint sealant work, underbody coat (wondering if BLR needs it) and PPF for ORVMs

Will soon post some pictures also ... Till then keep breathing fire Drogon - I'm learning to reign you in ...
    2 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats. Consider updating profile to TJET from FIAT enthusiast. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  3. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    Done Yashik :) btw have learnt a lot from your posts on ICE. Will use it as a reference in future when I finally get to upgrade it!
    1 person likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats buddy!! Please show some photos of your Drogon
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot. :) So happy to know that you found it useful.
  6. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Congrats on your Jet. I can relate to a lot of points you have mentioned there in the likes and dislikes :). Fiat's usually comes with underbody treatment from the factory, I suppose the 3M Underbody coating does give you some sound damping.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Contrarian,

Heartiest congratulations on your Drogon. No review is complete on the forum with the ususal set of pics, so do post them.

How has been the dealership experience? Which dealer did you buy from and what was the final OTR cost? Did you snap the 1L discount offer?

Couldnt understand the front door closing irritation part. I have been in out of the T-jet and never faced any issues with the door closing. I guess you wil have to live with the audio unless you want to do away with the B&M deature and get yourselves a good HU with a good set of amplifiers+speakers.

Happy flying on your Drogon and wish you a sooner reign over the monster.
  8. Scorpioman

Scorpioman Novizio

India
    Congrats Contrarian. I too got my HHB Jets less than a month ago. Regarding the clutch and it stalling, it takes some getting used too. I had the same problem the first 2 days. What is the exact issue you have with the front door closing?
    Where in Bangalore are you located?
  9. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations on your new "Drogon". I second you on Ergonomics, I'm finding it tough as well to find one.
    With regard to the chrome that you have mentioned, what is it that you are planning to do? Are you planning to do a chrome beading that Emotion variant has around it? My wifey is also asking something similar to it in our Tjet Dynamic:confused:

Happy Motoring on your new Jet!
  10. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    @contrarian, congratulations on the Jet. Wish you many happy and safe miles with her. As far as the ergonomics go, I am sure you will find a comfortable driving position soon.