1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Regarding TFI START Page.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by Shadowfax, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hello mods,

I am starting this thread as i personally feel that it would look good if the starting page of TFI has some pictures which keep rotating or changing.

Please try accomodating the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I definitely love for some facelift for TFI website as a whole. Grey is kinda of a dull and gloomy moodset.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    At the very bottom-left of the page, you can select "Default Style" skin which can certainly seem less "gloomy". Try it.

Cheers.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep tried that too but it wasnt appealing to me. But hey its my personal view. Didnt mean to criticize. May be we can make TFI more appealing to visitors which make them more addictive.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

You have raised a Question and answered it yourself here. TFI is appealing to most people because of the content it carries and not the colours of the background.
    Moreover i like the grey background as it does not hot my eye and strain it when i am reading a big post. :)
    2 people like this.
  6. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Please give some suggestions to make tfi more appealing and more addictive to users. Moreover its the content which drives user to the new forum rather than color or theme.

Anyways color and theme is just a subjective thing and we should concentrate more on making the forum more interesting and addictive by its content.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Gurjinder what about my request ? :confused:
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The current design, color selection and the fonts used in TFI for both opening and the forum page is one of the most professional web page presentation I have seen. Way ahead than some of the leading automotive forums too.
    1 person likes this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to say that, you are talking about people who have spend enough time in TFI not the first time visitors. Honestly even i too value the content here to a great deal.

In software terms we call it as Usuability (Look and Feel is part of it) and software vendors spend a huge amount of resources on this topic, the best ex where every one is aware off is Microsoft and its products/websites. I know TFI is not such revenue generating firm, but attracting users (New and Existing) is very much important.

My personal perception :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guys,
    I do not intent to complain about the existing design/coloring scheme. I am sorry if it felt that way. All i am talking about is the lil room where we can improve. That is all.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You seem to know exactly what you are talking about and I am guessing you are in UI design. How about you create a few wire frames and share with the forum of what you have in mind?

Rajan