1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Regarding revving the engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drgopusankar, Apr 16, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Can anyone please explain this?

my ans:: faulty fuel would make the DPF work harder to remove soot and other particulate matter and thus its life is reduced (because of unclean burning media).
    Am i right?
  2. Due to adulterated/contaminated Diesel, there is more smoke/soot are generated and builds up in the filter as it cannot be converted into a gas due higher quantity and can not pass through the walls of the filter. This increases the pressure before the filter. filter restriction causes an issue with driveability or damage to the engine or filter will be the end result.
    In India since there are no strict monitoring of the fuel adulteration,any of such cars will have much more frequent maintenance or replacement cycles.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    understood... Thank you
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    gurjinder i am 101% sure that Figo and Fiesta Classic have DPF as my friend got it removed from his Figo after it was not functioning normally due to wrong oil used in his car for full 20k kms.
    Ford denied warranty as he had not got his car serviced from ASS. Now he have to live with Check Engine Light till he finds someone who can remap the ECU to delete DPF part from ECU firmware permanently. Saving few thousands on service charges costed him a lot.

Cruze would be having DPF as the oil which is required by Cruze is meant for DPF equipped cars.
    1 person likes this.