1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

regarding AC compressor Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Abhishek dhingra, Sep 16, 2015.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @KKAUL - can you please elaborate on the steps to be followed.
    if I understand correct, start blower first
    then AC

switch off in reverse order. makes sense.

will the procedure be same for Automatic AC and for manual ones
  2. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @harryaviator

Start the car switch on the blower for say 2 minutes and then switch on the AC while stopping same procedure switch off the AC 5 minutes before stopping and need not switch off the Blower as you don't have to switch it on next time when you start.

Procedure is same for any TYPE OF AIR CONDITIONING. Basically you have convert the refrigeration gas from liquid to gaseous state maximum possible and dry out any moisture accumulated on evaporator coil and Compressor input line
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 19, 2015 ---
    @Abhishek dhingra

Vin will give the manufacturing date of your vehicle that can tell for how long the vehicle was left idle in stockyard.
    Search for the VIN article on the forum. You will understand the placement and decode it
  3. Abhishek dhingra

Abhishek dhingra Timido

Ghaziabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @KKUAL - Kaul sir thanks for your guidance , i just checked my VIN no. It is ending with "CJZ" means it was manufactured way back of my car delivery that is in the month of March 2014 and i took the delivery on 1st Dec 2014. So there is a gap of 8 months between the 2 and during that time i am not aware how they mishandled this vehicle.

Please help me understand one more thing, when i first went to the showroom their sales exec showed me "H" written on the digital meter and when i went for the delivery it was approximately 3 kms. How does H and 3 kms interrelated.

I had serious doubts on oberoi fiat that this vehicle went outside of the showroom as number plates holes were already there and some babaji pics were there on the dashboard when i took the delivery.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 19, 2015 ---
    actually Fog lights were also there already installed and the reason they provided me was that some one has already chosen this vehicle and they get the FOG light also installed. But his CIBIL report has failed and the customer was unable to take the delivery.

i got hefty discount on the Punto Active 1.3 MJ. i cost me 5.47 including insurance, seat cover . I know Oberoi has made me fool and i become fool
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @KKAUL - The issue that I am facing is, mine has the automatic AC. no way I could switch on the blower alone.. (or is there any that I am missing?)

@Abhishek dhingra H on the meter indicates, the car has been driven for less than 200 km. it goes off after 200km, but the meter continues its reading. if the reading is 3km and and no H is there, sorry to bother you, but some serious foul play has happened! you were shown a different car or something.. need to check up with the dealer asap!! ASAP
  5. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @harryaviator

Though I haven't looked at that automatic ac part in my car. will study it now but you just missed my post " need not switch off the blower when you stop so that when you start next time blower will start automatically without ac.I hope you can understand now. Definitely I will look into that blower starting part you mentioned .really interesting to know if correct.

@Abhishek dhingra
    The H part is explained well above by @harryaviator .There was something fishy in your deal I can see and sorry to inform you that you even paid a much higher price for what you are calling a discounted price.FYI the price without foglamp was 5.03 on road unnegotiated for 2 month old manufactured vehicle.After negotiation it should come around 4.95.I think you did not bargain properly and were less informed.

About malpractices Oberoi and other dealer do. The less I speak the better it be. The story they told you was really a fairytale story.
    But all transaction is over so no need to repent just enjoy your ride.
    1 request refer me as KKaul only please do not use any prefix such as sir.It does'nt feel nice.
    harryaviator likes this.
  6. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Abhishek dhingra The sales guy do their best to sell whatever they can. Its us who needs to be very cautious while dealing. As rightly said by KKAUL that all txn is over and paper work done. So, leave it, although hard to leave but still leave it and njoy your machine.
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Abhishek dhingra : buddy there is no harm in buying a 8 month old car. there are people who have bought 1 year old car lying in the stockyard by doing proper PDI. As there is no meaning in worrying now, are you facing any other issues in your car now? as long as your car is driving fine, you dont have to worry about the past. Just move on and enjoy the ride.
  8. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @harryaviator

Press the off switch again to start the blower or any blower direction switch (arrow) to start.Better use off switch to maintain auto mode
  9. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    awesome. unknowingly, that's exactly what I have been using. Thanks a ton for the assistance!