1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

regarding AC compressor Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Abhishek dhingra, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Abhishek dhingra

Abhishek dhingra Timido

Ghaziabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    not sure whether i am raising my concern on the right forum and some one could help me . however i can see several staff members, so thought of discussing my issues on this forum.

I am the owner of rande Punto purchased from Oberio fiat in the Dec 2104. day before yesterday i had issues with my Car AC and today when i took my car to the dealer that is Oberoi fiat (Noida) they checked and infoirmed me that the compressor of the AC went bad and it need to get replaced

For replacing the same they need approval from Fiat as the part is costly, i need to know first of all is it possible that in 10 months old car there could be issues with compresssor and secondly if it is in warranty then why they require approval.

Ok i agree they require approval then how much time is required as per my understanding these approval should be in few hours and should not take days. As per oberoi fiat , it would take 2 days for the approval as today Fiat company server is down ( which i cant think it is true) and tomorrow it is off for maharastra and they will not get th approval.

So i have to wait for 3 days for getting my car back that too in case of Oberoi get the approval from your management.

Can someone please get there commintment checked and kindly help me in getting the compressor replaced and knowing the root cause

regards
    abhishek
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Abhishek dhingra, this is a forum of users for Fiat owners and enthusiasts alike. This site does not belong to Fiat company.

It is true that sometimes approvals can take time. Therefore it is advisable that you send an email to Fiat email ids mentioned on Fiat website. Alternatively, please send email to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar to ensure further delay is avoided in your case. The email id is available here as well as on Fiat website.

Please mention all details about vehicle registration number, owner name on RC and car variant and colour. Also mention who you interacted with at the service center and ask for quick resolution.
  3. Abhishek dhingra

Abhishek dhingra Timido

Ghaziabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @simpleson, thanks for your reply. I am also an enthusiasts of Fiat car and as mentioned in my first post an onwer of a fiat car. I didnot find email is of Mr Mangesh on TFI or on Fiat-india site. if you can help me with his email id . I am available at abhi.dhingra@gmail.com, you can post me Mr mangesh email id on above said id
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @Abhishek dhingra - you don't need to worry much. the AC compressor normally doesn't go bad. it must be a one off case. Approval for warranty normally comes within 12 hrs. it all depends on how quickly your service centre sends the message to FIAT. you don't have to contact Mr Mangesh, if the service centre resolves your issue. Just ensure that the replacement compressor is a new one and not a refurbished one. Getting approval for items under warranty, is not necessary. they will be doing it only to be on the safer side and to rule out any damages(intentional) caused by you[though I really don't know how can someone damage an AC compressor intentionally].. its better that, such issues get resolved within the warranty period. once the car settles down, you are ensured a trouble free journey for atleast a decade.
  5. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Abhishek dhingra

Hope your Compressor is replaced quickly. Actually the approval process is not time consuming may be some times when the part is of high value but the thing is that whether Oberoi has the Part or not. Try to ask them whether they have that in stock on telephone not as abhishek Dhingra but some XYZ then you will be able to know the exact situation.
    With Fiat you have to be extremely vigilant. Try to Pursue Mr. Gulab singh as he is the boss after fall out of Mr. Gopalan he will definitely help.

As far as the part failure reason is concerned there are only 2 reasons
    1) Manufacturing defect including faulty compressor or expansion valve
    2) Mis handling of compressor
    It can be only judged once the compressor is opened which in your case won't be possible.+

Just for my knowledge
    Do you have a habit of switching off the AC relay for last 0.5 km before stopping

@harryaviator

It is not difficult to damage the compressor without even touching it.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @KKAUL I have no idea on how can you damage the AC compressor without touching it.. and what is with the 0.5 km before AC switching off??
    what are the correct AC maintenance practices. as with usage. I switch on ac only after starting the car and switch ac off before switching off the car. Any further precautions that you need to take?
  7. Abhishek dhingra

Abhishek dhingra Timido

Ghaziabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for your reply guys. i never opened the bonut and my car never had accident (Thankfully). i dont know why and how it went bad. i was driving the car and AC was switched on and suddenly it stopped working and started giving hot air. I tried to switch off and switch on the AC several time but that has not helped.

Most of the times on traffic signal (if red) i switch off my car and then switch on while the AC is in switch ON mode. and while parking i most of the times switch off the AC.

Thankkfuly i got my car today with compressor and other AC related things replaced and reason provided by the dealer is that it could be manufacturing defect. My car is in warranty so fortunetely i havent had to pay anything to them
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    that's good. anyways, simce yours is a MJD, you need not switch off the car at traffic signals.. And starting and switching off with AC on is best avoided.
  9. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    good that you received your car back.

@harryaviator
    It should be the practice that you start the blower motor first and then the AC switch and while stopping the ac relay first and if needed the blower motor last after say 2 minutes in hotter climate and 5 minutes in humid climate.The time is approx.This is not written anywhere but there are specific reasons to do that. You will never repent doing this.Similar should be the practice with Household AC. Even in winters try to make your AC work for few minutes everyday.
    There are many ways to spoil AC compressor not instantaneously but a slow death.
    I don't think you would be interested in technical detail but if you need I will write that
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2015 ---
    @Abhishek dhingra

You said you bought the car in dec 14 would you mind sharing the VIN no.
  10. Abhishek dhingra

Abhishek dhingra Timido

Ghaziabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @KKUAL - VIN no. ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2015 ---
    I preferred Grande Punto as i love the look of grande punto . I find it more beautiful ( :) ) then Punto Evo . when i took the decision of opting GP instead of PE, it was the last car with the dealer for the older model
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015