1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Refusal of extended warranty

Discussion in 'Technical' started by soji, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This is the beauty of Fiat. When extended warranty providers rightly/wrongfully reject the claims Fiat always comes for the rescue.
  2. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    But the question is why did it have to come to the level of "goodwill" when the EW document clearly mentions that "spring" is covered?
    Rituraj likes this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Goodwill is that they are honoring EW :p
    mchanna likes this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    EW is third party insurance, Goodwill is FIAT's own decision.
    Whenever they see a genuine part failure and EW are getting rejected because of silly reasons, FIAT does the needful as a Goodwill.

As Amit said, it is the beauty of FIAT. They don't deny warranty for any critical parts provided you are under warranty.
    Safety first protocol.
    prabhjot and Viny like this.
  5. longdrive

longdrive Timido

Pune
    I have also suffered such refusal. My glow plug went out thrice. I put in warranty claim twice. However it got rejected for insurer saying it was due to my use. Now glow plug is not something I play with. Finally I stopped arguing with SA and stopped wasting my time. Hope FIAT will care someday about what service is being offered by its vendor to customers !!
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Extended Warranty is a bit of misnomer. Its actually a kind of agreement by FIAL with 3rd party insurance company for replacement of parts. Since the insurance company would like to minimise their loses, they reject everything left,right & centre. It takes FIAL to prode them. Hence the goodwill factor.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The extended warranty with Fiat is a big loophole. These EW providers were inherited from tata. There were 2 providers, Global and Europa. One of them is no more with Fiat. So they are taking revenge by rejecting the claims. Also Fiat doesnt have command over them like Maruti has on its suppliers. I have taken this case with Fiat many times, but i am yet to see any outcome on this. But till then Goodwill warranty is the savior.
    prabhjot, Rituraj and asimpleson like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^Some Fiat official once commented that EW is a product invented by the automotive companies and not insurance companies for the benefit of making sale, esp. when some other companies offered ridiculous spares and service promises for extended periods for cheaper cars.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    It is important to note that parts replaced under EW are mostly refurbished ones. I had replaced the low-pressure fuel pump and the EGR valve under EW last year and the word "reconditioned" was clearly mentioned on the replacements. However, the EW booklet doesn't seem to mention anything about whether the replacement parts would be new or refurbished ones.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    And not to say the payment done to service center by EW offering company is delayed by 6-8months or more. Hence even the SA doesnt take interest in getting replacement done via EW
    prabhjot likes this.