1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Red Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion - Delivered

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by moondra, Aug 14, 2013.

1. moondra

moondra Timido

Bangalore
    Hello tfi,

This is my first post on the forum and before saying anything, I express my sincere thanks to tfi for providing so much of valuable information which guided me for deciding on my first car - Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion 2013

History:
    I started my research on buying new car in Feb2013, after the arrival of my daughter in this world. I wanted a diesel car with decent performance well equipped with safety features. I short listed following models:
    1. Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion
    2. Figo TDCi Titanium
    3. Polo Highline
    4. i20 - Asta
    After all test drives, reviews & analysis, I discarded polo & i20, mainly for cost reason. It was a choice between punto & figo.

I always had a soft corner for Fiat. I was many times in my friend's Palio and always admired the build quility & sturdiness of vehicle. Though I was sad to see how Fiat in India has bled because of poor sales & services from the partnership (No offences meant but this is very known fact).

I had to suspend the car buying plan suddenly as I had to travel to Germany for 3 months. There, I observed Punto Evo with refreshed design and really nice interior and I was little unhappy that we Indians get every car, mobiles etc quite late after the launch from manufactures, despite India being a very potential market. Anyway, I returned back in June and was somewhat happy to see that Fiat India has come now on their own with many Fiat dealers & service centre being opened up all over India.

Battle between figo & punto started back for me, like battle between brain and heart. I also found that similar confusion was there with many other buyers. I read their posts and found that many of them opted for figo due to its VFM tag.
    I came across TFI site and started reading so many posts. My heart ached for punto, specially it skipped a beat whenever I saw a punto on road! I immediately went to nearest Fiat Caffe & booked Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion. Though there was one 2012 model available but I opted for 2013 edition, not because there are so many changes but rather the dealer offers/discounts on 2013 model itself was quite good. Thanks to Srinivas & Deepak from KHT Fiat (Domlur, Bangalore) who helped me nicely with all the processes. Again, the mention of TFI was very helpful there :)

PDI:
    Again TFI helped here providing detailed PDI checklist made specially for Fiat vehicles in India. Fortunately there was no issue found in PDI.

The D Day:
    Finally the wait was over, I got my Italian Red Beauty delivered to me on 12th Aug. Now that's what I call an extraordinary moment, my first car, being a Red Punto, becoming a Fiatian !! How can anybody who sees this car and not fall in love with this car! I will share my ownership experiance later with photos of car offcourse, but if I can summarize everything in one line about the car then I would say that:- I think my 7 months old daughter is the most graceful, innocent & beatiful in her own ways for me, and when she is sitting besides me in my red punto, the car does complete justice to her charm & beauty!!!

Keep up the excellent work guys which you all are doing in this forum and spread happiness!

Cheers!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Welcome to TFI !!

You will love the choice of choosing a FIAT... Post a lot of pics..

Cheers!
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats and welcome to the club.. wish u a very happy and safe driving...
  4. moondra

moondra Timido

Bangalore
    I wanted to share my after sales experience as things have gone wrong because of poor after sales & customer service from KHT Fiat (Fiat Caffe, Domlur, Bangalore). It has been more than 10 days and I already got RC smart card from RTO but KHT Fiat has not put on the number plate on my car even after repitative follow-ups. To my shock, the sales executive Mr. Srinivas took the money for IND number plate and now has left the KHT Fiat itself! I am also not given all the car accessories promised during car booking.
    I have gone to dealer and have called several times also but nothing happened yet. This is really horrible & pathetic way to deal with customer once the car is sold and full money is paid. I think I have to get the number plate outside on my own now.

One side I really like Fiat car, but I am really unhappy to see that poor after sales has still not left the Fiat India