1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Red Avvy, the italian beauty!!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Sheldor, May 8, 2015.

1. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

Fiat Enthusiast
    This thread has been long due. I finally got some time to jot down my thoughts and this is how it all started...

Dream to own a car has been there for a while since I moved to hyderabad (about 3 years back). I was single back then so not enough motivation to buy one. Even after getting married, we were comfortable with my bike TVS Apache so no serious thoughts of buying a car yet.

However, things changed when we(myself and wifey) got an opportunity to work in US for 3 months. This was my first tryst with a car :) It was a Hyundai Sonata automatic. What a car, I still drool over the times we spent with that car. We started travelling to many places like Vegas, Yosemite, etc and gradually the desire to own a car has crept in. It was a memorable 3 months spent and needless to say our sonata has become a memorable part of it.

We moved back to India and we realized that life isn't so much fun without a car (add to the hotness quotient of hyderabad).

So finally we decided to buy a car and now comes the himalayan task. What should be the budget and which car to buy?

We set a budget of 8 lakhs and we decided it should be a hatchback. Though I drove a sedan back in US, I personally found that compact sedans of indian markets are not suiting my taste.

There weren't many choices available in the premium hatchback segment either. So we checked out elite i20, polo, punto evo, etios., grand i10.

Elite i20 - Looks and features are its plus but then after reading many stories in various forums decided against Hyundai.

Grand i10 - Same as elite i20 but 3 lakhs lesser (this was a plus).

Polo - Has been one of my favourites (other one being Punto) among my choice especially for its red color. But decided against Polo because of its cramped rear leg space and GT version exceeded my budget.

Punto Evo - It was a love at first sight. Very much impressed with the offerings though it exceeded my budget by almost a lakh.

Now it was time to make a decision. Considering various options, decided to book a grand i10 because it was cheaper by 3 lakhs when compared to Punto (haven't seen a red one in person at that time).

So I was visiting a Hyundai showroom in Jubilee hills to negotiate the deal. While I was crossing Jubilee hills check post, I noticed a red beauty starring at me. Yes, it was a red punto evo @ Butta automotive. To visit this hyundai showroom one has to cross butta automotive (People in hyderabad will know this).

Note that I've not visited the FIAT showroom yet. After visiting the hyundai showroom, went back home. I told my wife, "I couldn't get the red Punto out of my mind. My heart says go with Punto. She said I'll go with what your heart says. Yayyyyy!!!" So we decided to visit Ankitha motors for checking out the vehicle without knowing we were in for a surprise.

We reached the showroom and asked for a TD. We went to pick up the car and saw Avventura in its full glory. Now its love at first for wifey :) We went for a TD and loved every bit of a drive. At that moment, we decided this should be our ride.

I've been a silent reader of TFI and TBHP and went through countless posts. But my sincere thanks to TFIians who helped firm my decision on buying a FIAT vehicle.

Buying process was fairly easy, I got the quotes from multiple vendors and decided to go with AV motors (who quoted me the least). We paid a booking amount of 25k and was given a wait time of 2 weeks for Bronzo Tan. It was then I noticed @Vidhyashankar Kannan's car pics and decided mine has to be a red one. So I called up the SA next day and asked for a color change. I was told that wait time would increase by 2 more weeks for which I agreed. So my wait began.

Towards the last week, I was told that 2015 red one will take more time as it doesn't fall in the production batch. I was frustrated and disappointed to say the least. Much of my frustration can be found here. So finally I settled for a 2014 manufactured vehicle.

Two weeks later, I got a call from SA that my car has arrived and is ready for PDI. Took wifey and my friend for PDI and everything was good as per the PDI list.

Finally, the D-day arrived. I was accompanied by mom, wifey and my friend. Everything was in place and asked for RPS to be installed. Meanwhile, took care of other procedures and I was all set to ride the beauty. Before departing, gifted the SA a memento and left the place.

We performed some pooja and we hit the road. Woooooooooh!!!
    Enough talking, I'll let the pictures do the rest.

11115586_947256761961388_97640980876633850_n.jpg 984311_947254515294946_4161288999551782343_n.jpg

10407950_947257001961364_8551522623232121478_n.jpg 11009952_947256925294705_5837376217201207466_n.jpg

People installing the RPS.
    11037560_947254231961641_5270167831490418390_n.jpg 11162518_947256998628031_8260817042089580195_n.jpg 11187807_949612478392483_8782979109186571705_o.jpg 11193229_947257005294697_6570531050666016201_n.jpg 11188403_947257071961357_466307144721290742_n.jpg

Final words, it has been a wonderful journey so far and have been enjoying every moment of it. It's like I'm finding excuses to take the car out. At times when I feel like driving, I just take it to ORR :) I should say highway is where she belongs. Absolute mile cruncher!!!

When I think back, if I had opted for a Grand i10, I'd have regretted my decision (no offence meant for grand i10 owners just my perspective) every time I see a Punto/Avventura or any high end cars for that matter. Now I ride with pride that I'm owning one of the most beautiful cars out there.

My sincere thanks to @Vidhyashankar Kannan and TFI members for their support.

P.S : For people who criticized and raised concerns about the tailgate operation, my office security and mall security persons don't even ask me to open the tailgate these days and they let me go :p

2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Sheldor likes this.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats.... Wish u happy and safe miles
    Sheldor likes this.
  4. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Looks stunning in red. Convinces me to go for red avventura. Happy miles. Have fun. Will say it again. Beautiful red car :)
    Sheldor likes this.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Congratulations ! you got yourself no-nonsense beauty and a performer.

Wish you good luck
    Sheldor likes this.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @Sheldor !

Yes the car is a head turner everywhere. And just like all Fiats, you will start loving the drive. Do make some long journeys.

And it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Looking forward to being there at the next TFI meet in Hyderabad before the sales drops to zero. ;)
    Sheldor likes this.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    your Avventura surely a looker, congratulations !!! for the Red Italian beauty.
    Sheldor likes this.
  8. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks @prabhjot !!!

Thanks @pdash !!!

Thanks @Whencut86 !!! Go for the red, it a looker for sure!!!

Thanks @kr_vasudev !!!

Thanks @Vidhyashankar Kannan !!! Definitely :)

Thanks @dadasaheb !!!
  9. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Glad to hear. Enjoy the beauty. No other car in this segment can beat the style, sturdy what Punto offers
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Avventura 1.3 90 HP

Congratulations for the ride! Looks great in the red shade.

I see that you've got rear-parking sensors installed on your car. I'm also looking for getting an Avventura, however when I checked with a showroom in Bangalore (Vecto Motors), they said that RPS can't be installed on Avventura and Fiat doesn't provide OEM RPS for the car.

Are the sensors that you've installed in the car official OEM accessory for Avventura or are they of Punto or Linea? In case they're not officially for Avventura, does it come with any warranty implications? And how do they perform given the spare wheel in the car? Also, any pictures of the RPS and their installation location will be appreciated...

Congrats again for the ride. Enjoy it safely :)