1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reconfigurable Multifunction Display

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by cyberdoctorind, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Folks, even before I own the 90 HP, I have started thinking about some mods.

The first one that comes to my mind is the Carputer which I intend to design N install. Going through some manuals of the Grande Punto for the European model, I have come across the instrumental consoles though shared with us have one more extra console which is called the reconfigurable multifunction display which is slightly different from the ones we have in the EPK. The question is do we have some contacts from the Uk who can ship them across ;-). The console would need no modifications as such and will directly fit our cars.

Check You tube for Linea Tjet and you see these consoles.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Reconfigurable Multifunction Display

I have always wondered if it would be possible to change the orange color to a blue one ;)
  3. Well to be open, it's not possible easily nor it's a DYI. All the LEDs are SMDs which needs to be desoldered and the new one's resoldered. For the Palio, the console kind of has a greenish tinge which is acheived using a greenish cover over the normal SMDs. Am not sure of the Punto / Linea setup though
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

But why do you need reconfigurable multifunctional display, basically this was introduced in FIAT 1.4 tjet sports version which use to show some additional details like Turbo Power, Engine Heat, Torque etc specifically as per requirement of various sports. I dont see how it can replace a normal carputer. The Blue & ME is somewhat a carputer, with new version 7.0 it would be more like normal carputer, where user will be able to attached touch screens etc.
  5. No it's not intended to replace the Carputer. However would it not be cool to have all this information on the cluster itself? I have seen our EPK console providing the same output in a text format. More ever RMF display looks soothing as well. A personal opinion though.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Could you post your link of RMF display, the last that I saw was very much similar to our multiline display, only thing that I saw extra where the bar graphs for troque. Its still the same orange background with black texts.

If possible, i would like to replace entire speedometer console with a digital display, where i could put various meters as per my choice as widgets :D
    Although I am pretty close to it using HUD :D
  7. Re: Reconfigurable Multifunction Display

Here you go -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOeAuCsJ3PA

Are you using pico projector or something similar for projection? I can understand the software part but not clear on how the projection is done. Please PM me if you want the DYI to be a surprise after everything is completed. All the best for your project ::T
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Ok, This is how it looks

th_6051d136.jpg

th_e7bff4a2.jpg

And for DIY HUD, keep watching this thread viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1889