1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Recommened paint brands

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Lunafiatic, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

****Mods - please move/merge the thread as required****

Hi Folks,
    Just starting this thread to know more about the recommended automotive paint brands for DIY stuff. Mostly I am interested in aerosol paints for doing small DIY stuff like refurbishing or completely repainting alloys, some patch work etc. Primers, Paints, Clearcoats anything that would be required to do this stuff.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @Lunafiatic,

If you are thinking of doing quick fix jobs, Com-Paint is your best bet, I have been using for quite long now, all the Bumper based scratches been taken care of.
    Afer a lot of Follow ups and Feedbacks they have not introduced the Lacquer coat which gives a finishing touch to the Paint job.

They have also introduced a Pen Paint kit, this is not like those bogus Magic pens, they contain paint inside so it is more like filling up the scratch area with paint, don't worry there's a video to show how it works.

For your Car's shade, you will have to contact them using the "Contact Us" tab above and give them a feedback to Add, Fiat Minimal Grey shade for both Pen Paint Kit and Value Pack for Cars.

Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

Asian Paints are the OEM suppliers of Paints to Fiat, if you have a Asian Paint Auto Paint supplier Dealer near by he can give the exact match of the Colour through there database, however physical matching of the sade would be recomamded for which you would have to take your car along.
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

I have been wanting to pick up com-paint but so far they dont stock HHB at all.
    Hey had just stocked once and i got it after that there is notihng.

I am also wondering if i can pickup the black from other brands that is a good match for HHB and use.. the search still continues.
  4. Anirudha Mukerjee

Anirudha Mukerjee Timido

Punto Evo 1.4
    Hi @Lunafiatic
    Were you able to get hold of Minimal grey paint?
    I am also looking for a DIY job on my Punto's left bumper. Com paints dont have it and I have requested the same from their contact us section. Is there any alternative? Can I pick up from some store?
    Guys in Bangalore, your inputs are welcome.