1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Recommend Better WAX for my Linea

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by ramu_dodda, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    for dark color 915 is better.
    i got a poorboys black hole glaze for my dark color - tuscan wine.
    it hides the swirls and gives deep gloss to dark colors.
    i ordered it from uk and costed 1700 for 500 ml bottle.
  2. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Italia Linea, I have ordered Collinite 845 from Automall Bangalore costed me Rs.950. I have applied on my black car last weekend , have got good shining but swirls are visible , I have taken pictures which are in Mobile ,will post them soon.

some people in forum mentioned to apply 915 is little difficult with hand. may be I order that one next time if that can be applied with hand as I dont have machine.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ramu applying 915 with hand is pretty difficult when compared to 845. It all depends on how you apply it. The 915 wax has to be applied in a very thin layer, else it is very difficult to buff. The finishing of 845 & 915 wont be much different. I have heard that 915 stays longer compared to 845. I am also using 915 for my TW color.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

While I do not have specific experience with this product, I will stay away from this one - this is a rotary buffer and if care is not taken, it can result in paint burn. If you are keen on getting a polisher, get a dual action polisher.
    1 person likes this.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Anoop,

Thank you for the feedback. Do you have the link for the product you have mentioned ? (Dual action polisher)

Regards
    Vasu
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Vasudev when it comes to amateurs like us, Anoop is 100 % right. Stay away from these products as they could do more harm than good if not used properly. The DA /Dual Action polisher is the best option for people like us. But price is always a concern. It may cost above 5k. Just search in ebay or similar sites & you can get the price. If you are ready to invest, it would be worth a buy. But make sure whatever product you choose, you should get the consumables easily.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Ditto with what Ciniju have said - a good DA polisher will cost you above 5K easily. I do not have much info about them since I was not interested in investing in one, but if you like to get a good one, I can always find you options since I have couple of friends who use them. Porter-Cable is one brand I can recall from the top of my hat, but it will cost above 10K, IIRC.
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  10. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    thanks Cinju for your reply, I will stick to 845 now and try to order 915 once this bottle is over :)
    )