1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Recommend Better WAX for my Linea

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by ramu_dodda, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Hi

I would like to buy Wax for my Linea , can you recommend the better WAX which can restore some level of shining of the original color.

I have seen some WURTH products most of the work shops are using but I am not getting them in hyderabad. I have enquired couple of CAR decor shops but they dont have them.

thanks,
    ram.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    use collinite 845 also search for car detailing threads. there are good suggestions and procedures for the same.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Best WAX around is the Formula1.It's time consuming but the shine is worth it.You can try Turtle WAX too.It's easy to apply and rub off but its shine doesnt last long as Formula1's.I havent tried Carnuba WAX.Will leave the opinion to others.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ramu, waxing is the final coat which needs to be done in detailing. It is better to use some product for getting the shine like 3M glaze or similar & then use the wax. There are lots of procedures that need to be done for getting the best result. But as a short cut you can do this. Collinite 845 is an excellent product which you can use with ease. You can also opt for synthetic waxes which are more easier to apply & give good shine. But natural /Carnuaba waxes tend to last longer.
  5. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    thank you all for your reply!! can this 3M glaze and Collinite 845 applied by hand?? looks like Collinite 845 is costly and that will come for two times only. how long the wax shining is going to be there and how frequently we need to do this?/

I dont know much about this WAX treatment , I gave my car for polishing in service center and they charged me Rs.2500 and that shining is only there for 1 week and then it bcome normal and I felt like wasted money. looks like they use 3M polish at TASS. I have also asked for Teflan coating they said it will charge Rs.4000 which is again costly treatment. How Teflan layer is different from WAX layer :) sorry many questions in my mind. my car like 2 yrs old but paint is almost dull doenst look like 2 yrs old car.

thanks,
    ram.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its not costly. its Rs.950 for half a litre. it will last you atleast 10 times. it requires very less amount to be applied. its liquid and very easy to apply.
    its worlds hardest carnauba wax and most durable. apply in very thin layer otherwise buffing it to shine will take lot of labor.

it can be done with hands. no need of buffer.

there is no teflon in world now- all who claim it are fake.
  7. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    thanks Italia Linea for your detailed reply, any online store I can buy this product. I dont think I would get this in hyderabad.

thanks,
    ram.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

In Collinite website they recommend Collinite 915 for black color cars, Mine is black color Linea, which one you recommend me to go for. Collinite 845 or 915?

I have few scratch lines on my car, do i need to get any treatment done or I can directly use 845?

2. What’s the difference between the auto waxes; No. 845 Insulator Wax, No. 476s Super Double Coat and the No. 915 Marque D’ Elegance?
    All 3 last step waxes serve the same function: to provide a high gloss carnauba shine and lasting protection. All 3 contain copious amounts of wax-both rare Brazilian carnauba and premium synthetic polymers. However, their degree of durability, ease of use, and warmth of shine vary. Think of it this way;

1. No.476s – most durable protection/weather defense. Most elbow grease required during application.

2. No. 915- 2nd most durable and slightly easier than the 476s to apply/remove. No. 915 lends our warmest shine to dark tones like navy and black due to its highest concentration of rare carnauba.

3. No. 845- easiest of the 3 to apply/remove with slightly less durability than the No. 915.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Ram 915 is considered to be one of the puest form of carnuaba wax & it is costly compared to 845.

But it is very hard to apply with hand as it is hard wax. You need to take lot of effort where as 845 comes in a tooth paste kind of form. You require only less quantity for applying. It will last as Italia Linea said upto or more than 10 times. Scratches if they are very small can be removed by using a rubbing compound or scratch removed.

Please try to use branded products for doing this job. There are products from 3M, mothers, Formula 1 etc for scratch removal. It is better to clear off the scratch before applying wax. Do not use any hard detergent for washing your car after applying wax. A soap based wash can be done once in a month.

All other washes can be plain water wash. By doing so the wax can last longer. Ram if you are planning for the least effortless job, go for synthetic wax. Even they give a wonderful result. It is said that carnuaba wax have longer life. If you are interested in reading, go to Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides . They have a wonderful writeup for car detailing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @ramu: Whats the color of your car? This can be very helpfull in selecting the wax/polish, certian waxes are better option then regular ones for specific colors.
  10. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks LOT Cinju for your detailed explaination!!! I will go for Collinite 845 as adviced by you and Italina Linea.

Viny, my car color is midnight black.