1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reccomendations for the new buyers

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by shakesin, Jun 17, 2010.

1. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    + the rear defogger in the emotions will make ur life easy in winters and rains.
    shake
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Totally agree with Andy. In Diwali vacation I went to my native place. I got the same reply, however people admirred the looks of the car. People who are saying you got a FIAT, I will ask them to drive Linea TJET & Punto 90HP. I think they will get their answers. :boxer
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Whenever I go in a busy higway commuting between Panjim,vasco-da Gama -Madgao I always got FE > 17.5 and got maximum of 21.3 .
    Initially I used to take my Alto for short trips and now I feel Punto is also equally good(being a 1.4 engine). My friends who are using Maruti, Hyundai with 1.2 L engines never got these figures.
  4. +1 to that. I went against all the supposed auto-geeks by buying a Fiat.. And now i find them drooling and ogling over its thoughtful numerous features and heavenly stunning looks..
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Dont ever Put Sunfilm at the back glass of your car , which will spoil the defogger at the back.
  6. I disagree Vijay. I have installed it on all glasses of my Punto and its all works perfectly fine.. Maybe the one you installed was electrically conductive and may have shorted the Defogger circuit..

I have installed the Eco-Drive Eminent Series, Goose Grey shade. Total Solar Heat Rejection is 55% and 70% transparent. Link: Ecodrive
    Cost me INR 10,000+ for all 6 glasses.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Also check the FAQ Question No. 3 for clarification from them. Link: Security Window film - FAQ | Ecodrive

(Just trying to be helping and allay any misconceptions.)
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Vikram ,
    1. Please look in to Fiat manual , Fiat strictly says no stickers or any covering material over the defogger circuit which may lead to hazardous situation,
    2. if your sun film goes bad , i.e some bubbles or peels off , while removing sun film your defogger circuit also goes off , A single break in the circuit ,whole defogger is gone.
  8. 1. Fiat has mentioned many such things in their manual which are overtly precautionary but not always practicable to follow in real life.

2. i am with you on this one. however, if you use a good quality sun film, this shouldnt be an issue.

At the end of the day, its personal judgement and choice. I appreciate your input that we could present our opinions here for all to read and decide for themselves. :)