1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Reccomendations for the new buyers

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by shakesin, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Chill dude!!!, those people dont deserve to drive FIAT thats why they keep cribing abt FIAT
  2. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think its just an awareness issue, im glad there are now more competitors :boxer for Maruti, hope its monopoly ends soon.
    shake
  3. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    well i too agree with the views shrared here. to all those who complain about the fiat ASS i say fiat seldom needs it. the 1999 unos and 2003 palios running on the road even today vouch for that. which other car would have survived with such worse ASS.
    maruti's and hyundai's survive and sustain higher sales not bcos they sell gr8 cars but they have more selling and servicing centres across india which these cars often needs.
    one of my cousins bought a new wagonr few years back and it had bad clutch. the car would start off the block with a jump however slowl u release the clutch. after a series of complaints the maruti official said it is a fault that happens to one in a lakh car, so live with it. ie be proud to be one in a lakh!!!! he sold off the car within few months.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well infact i feel its good that the Punto's are limited on the roads... Otherwise it would be like the the next swift... I dont want it to be a common car though.. But people should start appreciating the car and the built and understand that its not only Maruti and need to check other options too before blindly going with the Maruti/Hyundai/Honda....
  5. A few points from my side...
    • Most of the cars in the class have 155 tires, while even Punto Active and Dynamic comes with 165 Tires. :dance [/*:m:33qj8xw1]
    • Even the base Active variant has Power windows and lot of small features which are really helpful at times. :cool [/*:m:33qj8xw1]
    • Service intravel is 15000 kms or 1 year :car [/*:m:33qj8xw1]
    • Really a tank. :devil [/*:m:33qj8xw1]
    • My 1.2 Active used to give around 11Kmpl with A/C in city. Last few months, after I switched job, it is giving 13.5kmpl with A/C. I drive to my office which is in a so called "IT Express Way" in Chennai. I feel 13.5kmpl is good FE while driving in a road which has 'U' turn every kilometers and really conjested at times. :drinks [/*:m:33qj8xw1]
    • Finally, FIAT is doomed. :)[/*:m:33qj8xw1]
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    good one Sounder... U getting a decent one out of our 1.2
  7. Thanks Andy. Added to that, the car is sweet to drive.
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ne time.... Its gotta be great as we afterall drive the Punto...
  9. nitincapri

nitincapri

Delhi
    I am confused between Punto MJD Active & Emotion ?

Problem in Emotion:
    1. Music system does not have the remote. Every time i have to press buttons to change the FM Channels.
    2. Only 1 key with Central locking that too very expensive.

Please help ?
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Don't base your decision on the music system. The Emotion comes with ABS, rear wash wipe, all power windows and a few more that cannot be added after market. Music system, alloys, and such stuff can be put in after purchase. So if you are not keen on ABS and those, then it would make sense to buy Active.