1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Recall for Brake Booster replacement.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by vj_v1, Sep 15, 2011.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Linea & Punto are probably the most recalled model in the history of the automobile by now! Shocking the way Fiat has gone about developing these cars that were supposed to be their last chance at cracking the Indian market. Such attention to a do or die model?!
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine is June 2011. So I will send mail to Mr. Mangesh & update the same.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Amit you had left out Nanos. They are recalling 1.5 lakh nanos for starter motor replacement .Jokes apart, Amit even Honda, Toyota all are having issue with their parts,but they all use a different terminology other than recall so that customers get a feeling that they are pro actively changing the parts. But when it comes to FIAT we generally talk as faulty part replacement /recall. I strongly agree with your point that it is Linea & punto which is getting the most number of upgrades /replacement. Is it because we are talking about this much more than any others do ? . But one thing we should appreciate is FIAT is trying it's best by replacing the likely to be faulty parts. Rather than doing a proper R&D in India, FIAT have blankly released Punto & Linea in India & now they are correcting from their mistakes. FIAT should have a strong quality check on the parts which they are outsourcing. I think only the Indian versions are having these many issues.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Buddy its not recall its up gradation although the present is doing ok.Fiat is serious about giving quality.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Folks,

Mine is July 2011 manufactured 1.3 MJD. Do my punto eligible for replacement of Brake booster. Please give me suggestions
    to whom i should contact and proceed further.

Regards,
    Shashank
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    @Bhai, any updates on this replacement?
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Hello everyone, i have a FMZ 90 hp, yesterday i got low brake oil message on mid, do i also need to get upgrade.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    please send a email to service@fiapl.com with your VIN no asking if any recall has to be done on your car.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I had mailed to FIAT service asking for some other recall issues - I received the response that those issues are not applicable for my car. In case I feel any uncomfort while driving I should contact the serivce centre. Just hope that what they are saying is true
  10. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Low brake oil msg means you need to top up the fluid.. ASAP