1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Recall for Brake Booster replacement.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by vj_v1, Sep 15, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Just received a call from Concorde Workshop, Hyderabad.

They informed me that the company is recalling a few Punto's for replacement of a part called Brake Booster :eek: and my 90 HP (July 2011 Manufactured) is on the list.

Do not have any other info as of now, but he said it would take about 5 hrs. Im looking for a suitable time to get this done. Will get more info when i talk to them again.

Anyone else received similar calls?
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    though a good sign but seems like the recalls does not stop for fiat. the cars are full of faulty parts. and you guys being in metros get to change them whereas here no such recalls are made. i come to know all the recalls through this WONDERFUL site. a big thanks to all the co members.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I didnt get any notification from FIAT about Break Booster Replacement as my 90HP is June Manufactured.

How to check if my car is in that list.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups, there is some sort of recall for Linea too. I saw the list 2 days ago, my car was not in the list.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    My two cents. In earlier cars like Uno, Petra and Palio, there were hardly any recalls, none in fact. I attribute this fact to Fiat's use of their own resources for identifying parts manufacturers. 50-50 venture with Tata is definitely proving a tough nut for Fiat as the homologation vendor ident is done by Tatas. Quality control is a big issue with these vendors I suppose and results are there to be seen starting from falling chrome strips to brake booster. Unlike CSC and AC upgrade, all other recalls have been relevant to particular batches which clearly is a quality control issue. Fiat's USP has been sturdy cars that last long without any failures.

Tata partnership is causing Fiat harm not just in the sales department but also in the credibility department. The sooner Fiat gets out of this, better off it will be.
  7. where can we check this. mine one is 75 HP or this one is applicable to 90 HP only
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    What is it ? Can you Check ?
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Man - you spoke what I've been thinking so far, We haven't heard lots of these during Palio, Uno days. More than Sales & Service split-up I think Fiat needs to start sourcing from different suppliers with it's own QC process.