1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Wiper a absolute necessary or a cosmetic add-on !

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Rear Wiper a absolute necessary or a cosmetic add-on..vote your opinions and reviews

Poll closed Dec 6, 2012.
  1. yes, its necessary equipment in a vehicle

89.1%
  2. No, its only a cosmetic add-on and nothing else

10.9%
  1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I used a Santro without rear wipers for almost 8 years and never felt the need for it.
    On the other hand, with my Punto I use it regularly. It depends on the vehicle design and your usage.
    With Santro when I reverse, I used to turn my head and look. With Punto I just look in the rear view mirror and reverse.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Even if you are comfortable with seeing the rear view mirror while backing up, it is always best practice to turn your head and then reverse. And also, I always have a look at the rear of car before I get into the driver's seat for reversing. Just to make sure nothing is lying behind.
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Me, also used to get down and look back behind the car before reversing else, I ask the co-driver/passenger to get down before reversing. But, After I fitted the reverse parking sensors, I stopped getting down before reversing when I am alone in the car. However, If a co-driver/passenger is with me I ask them to get down and look back till reverse maneuver is complete.