1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Wiper a absolute necessary or a cosmetic add-on !

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Rear Wiper a absolute necessary or a cosmetic add-on..vote your opinions and reviews

Poll closed Dec 6, 2012.
  1. yes, its necessary equipment in a vehicle

89.1%
  2. No, its only a cosmetic add-on and nothing else

10.9%
  1. venka

venka BANNED

If you have it, you will use it . Without having it, one will not be knowing whats the use of it.

Indeed its very use full on rainy day . Its glad that Fiat has included in Dynamic variant on wards.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I use the rear wipers regularly.. mostly to clean the the rear windshield from dust..

agree to venka.. ''Without having it, one will not be knowing whats the use of it. ''
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wiper Feature is a safety !!! Instead Rear heating coil should be an cosmetic addon :D
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    What if the inside of the rear glass gets fogged? :D
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Heating coils are very good in fog as well as in rains. If you don't have wiper that's ok but this coil is very useful.

See all sedans without wipers, they have the heating coils which plays a role for clearing the rear screen well.

Fiat heating coils comes with timer which are good for keeping the rear screen clear without bothering too much about the switching on & off the switch....
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    very rare case of getting fogged the rear glass,switch AC ON. ;)
    2 people like this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Dont have a Hatch,but got a SUV,and its absolutely necessary,rear glass gets messed up in no time in rains,and i cant imagine driving without a rear wiper in it.
    No such problem in Linea.And a rear defogger is really helpful,with winters setting in,i use it daily,cant depend on AC all the time.
    2 people like this.
  8. It is a boon for me during the rainy season,I remember had to get down from the car every few hours during a trip in rainy season with umbrella in one hand and duster and water on the other to wipe the rear glass....
    1 person likes this.
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

for hatchbacks and suvs rear wiper should come standard... people who use cabin rear view mirrors will be worried if the rear glass is covered with all muddy,dust particles,esp in rainy seasons it becomes even more difficult to see whats behind.

If ur a person who thinks rear wiper is of not much use and is only a cosmetic add on...he might as well think the cabin rear view mirrors to be useless cosmetic add on as well.. only if use the rear view mirror will u notice the messed up rear glass covered with dust and moisture and what not.

from my understanding, heating coils and rear wipers are like two sides of a coin. Although they have the same purpose, which is to give a clear view of the road behind.. but their duties are different.
    heating coils clean the inner side of the glass, mostly removes moisture and helps in small rain's.. and wiper as u all know cleans the outside removing whats sticking on the glass.

i don't know why dust doesn't settle on rear glasses of sedans as much as it does on hatchbacks and suvs.. may be because of the design or raised trunk don't know..so don't care if it dint have a rear wiper. i still get a clear view of the whats behind my car, hence only come with heat coils..only sedans that that i can remember which had wipers is the accent viva and old standard 2000. These two cars were a bit different from normal sedans..Apart form these cars, if u find one with rear wipers then it will be for cosmetic purpose only.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am using rear view mirror & rear wiper all the time in rainy days as well as in normal days when my car is not washed. I was just explaining that both are the add avantages.
    May be I was not able to explain my point perfectly that's why this confussion occurred.... :)

And why dust doesn't settled on the rear glasses of sedan because of the aerodynamic shapes. As they have boot and the wind travels from bonnet to top and then boot from rear wind screen. If you saw a spoiler is used on the boot of the sedan for keeping the car lower as wind playes the part over there.

In Hatch, boot is not available to wind is passing from the top directly.