1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Wiper a absolute necessary or a cosmetic add-on !

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Rear Wiper a absolute necessary or a cosmetic add-on..vote your opinions and reviews

Poll closed Dec 6, 2012.
  1. yes, its necessary equipment in a vehicle

89.1%
  2. No, its only a cosmetic add-on and nothing else

10.9%
  1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Many of you might have seen the rear wiper fitted onto the top end models and most of them being fitted on a top end hatch back or an suv but not on a sedan.. do you really see the necessity of having a wiper in the rear and if not why its fixed on only select variants..
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes it is necessary try parking your car on a rainy day , that should give you some idea. ;-)
    2 people like this.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Sedans don't need rear wiper due to their design but hatches do need it. Some notchbacks like Accent VIVA also had it.
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    my two-cents :

Aerodynamics work here. In hatches and Suvs, more dust settle on their rear glasses. Where as in Sedan due to favorable/better aerodynamics not much of dust is settled on the rear glass.

Any how, i find the rear wipers very useful especially in rains.
    2 people like this.
  5. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    I have not used rear wipers much and survived till now. So don't think it is a must accessory. But good to have.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1) As rightly pointed out by people, dust / water droplets doesnt accumulate on rear glass of a sedan as compared to a hatch due to the design.
    2) I find rear wiper useful not only while parking, but also while driving on a rainy day. It gives clear visibility of vehicles approaching from rear.

Unlike other manufacturers, FIAT offers rear wipers in the mid variant itself which again emphasizes the fact tht FIAT dosent compromise on safety aspects much! i20 Magna, Swift Vxi / Vdi none comes with a rear wiper!
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I find the rear wiper helpful during rains. So, I think they not for cosmetic reasons but with a purpose, which serve their purpose well.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    On vehicles where they are needed, they are provided.
    On vehicles where they are not needed as per design, they are not provided.

On vehicles where they are needed, but not provided - cost cutting. You will usually notice that the left side ORVM will also be optional on such vehicles. I wonder when the manufacturers will start making the rear wheel brakes optional on such cars :D

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is an excellent thing to have in rainy and foggy condition.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Really it's a must accessary to have in a car or a SUV.... as a safety feature...

Earlier Fasbia all varients have the rear wiper but due to costing issues they have removed & kept to high end models only.

But fiat has kept it for Dymanic as well as emotion versions of Puntos. That's a good thing.