1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear view camera

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by dr_shiva29, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Hi.

Has anyone got the rear view camera installed? Display type or Mirror type? Which is better? Any experience that one can share? Also which brand would you suggest, Hiker, Xenos or Minda. Different dealers have different fav's, so am a bit confused.

Thanks,
    Shiva
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    m too interested. which is better camera or sensors?? i want it installed
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Dr. Shiva and Karan. I have installed a combination of rear view nightvision camera and parking sensors on my Tjet. From my experience and testing of all the other products u mentioned like Xenos, Minda, RD (except Hiker as it wasnt available nywhere) the best out of all these are RD(even Fiat installs RD). I have RD on our Figo as well. The night vision clarity is the best in RD and obviously it works really well in day as well. Another benefit being its vey small in size as well compared to others i saw. You can test the displays of others as well from where u get it installed.

The cost of these are very similar and wont vary by more than Rs.100-200. im using my GPS as the display but u other choices as well. I feel display type is better.

Do check out the pictures of my installation
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1213
  4. @ansal11, what does RD stand for? Google did not yield any results. Would be interested in checking this out as I have read good reviews about this brand. Not sure if it is available in Chennai though!
  5. Well, I got the reply myself. RD stands for RajatDeep and the below link has all the contact details :

http://www.rdoverseas.in/index.php?p=distributors

Called them up and the quoted price is 8.5k for a 7" strap-on screen and camera. Might check them out later.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    8.5 k thats really really high. i think the price is because of the 7" screen. Any reason ur looking for a larger screen. Are you looking to use the screen for other purposes like videos etc??
  7. Actually no. I have no ideas for using the screen for videos. But thought a larger screen would be always better than 3.5" screen for 2.5k extra. DEfinitely there will be some more bargaining involved once I visit the shop.

I also read somewhere that the clip-on screen for RVMs rattle a lot and the separate display options are always better. Any thoughts on that?
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    To be honest, the larger screen doesnt make ny difference. When ull see the 7 inch screen, ull see, it would look awkward in the cabin due to its design and size. The 7 inch screen looks like a Play Station Portable and it is not available for dispaly types. It can only be mounted on top of the mirror (RVM).

The display option, as i mentioned earlier, are always better because of no rattling in the long term and also security as well. RD has one diplay which can be folded and it looks (after folding) like a part of the dash or a small perfume tray. So that avoids the curios onlookers when the car is parked and avoids thieves.
  9. I agree. The price for the foldable version (Combo 70) in RD is 6150/- minus the installation. Looks like a good bet to me. Will let you know once installed.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    There should be no instalation charge as ur buying the product from them. I have not paid a single installation charge for any of the item ive got installed on my Jet.