1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

REAR TYRE UNEVEN WEAR OUT

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sandeep36427, Jan 2, 2016.

1. sandeep36427

sandeep36427 Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi roy,i have a punto active model,mjd,done 90000kms,2011 model,from the day1 i took the car there is uneven wear out in the rear tyres,the outer portion of the rear left and the inner portion of the rear right tyre is worn out,infact i have nearly changed 7 tyre only for the rear for this partial wear out,i leave my vehicle for service at fass ,bangalore,vecto motors,they changed the rear axle under warranty,stub,but the result is zero,now since the ex-war,is also over,no solution by fass,hence need ur suggestion r advice,regarding the same,MY MAIL ID IS -sandeep36427@gmail.com,thank you.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    They can correct the alignment by adding shims if the change of axle has not resulted any solution. This is what is done for stubborn cases of tyre wear.

Abdul
  3. sandeep36427

sandeep36427 Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi,i did not understand,like what is done for stubborn cases of tyre wear out
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I meant the alignment is corrected, by adding Metal shims. Stubborn cases means where normal methods didnt lead to solutions.

Abdul
  5. sandeep36427

sandeep36427 Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ok,but they have changed the shims also,will this prob due to shocks ,can shocks and swing arms be claimed under insurance