1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Suspension Noise

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sreenivasan Thangaraj, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Sreenivasan Thangaraj

Sreenivasan Thangaraj Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bought my Punto 1.3 Dynamic on 25 Dec 2013 and it has done 19000 KM.

Now I am facing issue in he rear suspension.I am getting cranking sound in rear suspension.

when I travelling alone I use to get sound rarely like in a Big speed bumps.

When it is packed with four I use to get cranking sound very often and sound is also more.

When I checked with RDC motors chennai they are saying the issue is in the back seat which is not locked properly and they said we did some taping to reduce the noise.

But after that also I am getting this noise and it is getting bigger and bigger.

Sound is almost like you can hear in a huge truck when it goes in a bumpy road.

What should I do?
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi, Why don't you go down to some other FASS in Chennai for a second opinion.
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have heard drr...drr sound from the rear suspension when people get down from the car. It happens only after 2-3 people get down from rear seat. Absolutely no sound when people are in the car and when it is running. Sound comes only when they get down from the car. It looks like some spring expanding back to its unloaded position making the noise. I have not faced any other problem because of this. At around 38000 kms both back shocks developed leakage and replaced. After that I have not got a chance to fully load the back seat, so I can't comment whether replacing the shocks has fixed the problem.