1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Roof LED Lamp for Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by azeet_kumar, Aug 23, 2011.

1. This thread is continuation of my previous thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?2957-Upgrade-your-roof-lights-to-LED where fellow punto owners have asked for ways of putting second roof lamp at rear. Punto is very dark at rear seats and i have tried to solve this issue in present thread.
    I have used two LED strips in parallel and used a Parker Pen Box as housing for these LED Strips. These strips consume around 1 watt combined togather. Brightness is ample.
    Source of the strips : http://www.tmart.com/24-SMD-LED-Reading-Bulb-Light-Lamp-White-12V_p103473.html costs me 15 $ with free shipping. Quality is very good.
    I have tapped dimmer output from LED board itself and used a connector shown in the picture. Idea of using the connector is to conveniontly detach or attach main lamp assembly .
    you have to rpute a cable from roof to left bottom cable guide and goes to boot and again routed to rear roof. use a very good quality thick shield cable since roof suppose to get very hot .

Lamp assembly was stuck to roof using a Velcro strip. I have not used any Glue/adhesive Tape/screw for this.
    I hope Fellow punto owners will like this thread

SDC12472.jpg

SDC12470.jpg

SDC12456.jpg

SDC12458.jpg

27 LED light.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

SDC12462.jpg

SDC12463.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Brilliant and innovative work.

How do you switch-off/on?
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Excellent. Even I want to do this. Help me :-(
  4. Thx Ravi, Since rear light is connected to front one , it is controlled by same set of switches.

Thx, if you have any doubts,just post it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  5. Thx, if you have any doubts, post it.
  6. hi azeet!,

small query.. cant we get lights with independent switches so that people sitting at the back can switch on when needed since switching on from drivers side will be a distraction if we are driving..
  7. yes, that can be done. i have not used the config suggested by you but it is very much possible. all you require is one SPST switch with extra wire connected to 12 v. refer to attached diagram

diagram.jpg

It is a reading lamp which does not serve the porpose of illuminating interior space.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  8. Thanks Azeet for the diagram.
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hey good work Azeet.

Even i'm in process to install rear cabin lights for my punto but using 12 x 2no's LED strip(painted silver) on either side(may use on B/C pillars).

What do you suggest?
  10. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    nice work really innovative...:)