1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear reading lamps in Punto

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by chsekharbabu, Nov 24, 2010.

1. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    Hi,

I would like to fit rear readsinglamps in my Punto as i have 7 month old kid who is not comfortable to sit in the car during night as there is no light in back seats.

Could anyone of you let me know how to fit and use rear reading lamps?

Thanks in advance.
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Rear reading lamps are available as accessories. You can check the Fiat website for the same. On the website, they might show under Linea accessories only, but IMHO there should be no problem in fitting them in Punto.
  3. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai

I checked the accessory sections of both Punto and Linea and didnt find anything in Fiat India portal.I came acrsso some accessories in ebay, which they claim can be attached to cigar lighter and use it.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    rear reading lamps are available as official accessories from fiat site. Check it
  5. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    Hi,

I breosed the accesory section of Punto and this ti8me under COMFORT & CONVENIENCE section, i noticed rear reading lamps.

Is this similar to the after market ones which costs less?
  6. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Hi Sekhar

Go to a accessory shop and get a strip of LED and ask them to fix it at the back maybe on the door panels if you'd like or just behind the rear head rests or on the roof /ceiling and you can probably get a switch for the same too .

And rather than give him lights , give him a 7 inch lcd screen behind one of the head rests , let him enjoy cartoons and soon he'll be over his fear of darkness . We did the same for our nephew
  7. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    Gautham,

Thanks for the update.
    Could you elaborate more on the LED thing,how much it cost and whether if this voids warranty?
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    This is from Fiat official website http://www.fiat-india.com/fiat-accessor ... ?ModelId=5

Reading Lamp

Flexi Arm halogen reading light for uniform light distribution.
    12 V DC operation
    Part Number: 59116475 | MRP: RS.1290

In the fiat website, under Linea accessories, check under comfort and convenience. It is listed there. You might need to order it at your TASS.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Think that LED Strip can operate in Battery, I've seen it installed on one of our members car. Better to search somewhere in GP Road.
  10. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Reading Lamp

Flexi Arm halogen reading light for uniform light distribution.
    12 V DC operation
    Part Number: 59116475 | MRP: RS.1290

But what about Wiring Man ?
    Possibility of OEM wiring is to be alter ?