1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Parcel Tray for Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Narayan, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Has anyone experienced the rear parcel tray in GP bending and loosing its 'chik' shape with time? My GP is 11 months old, and i see that the real parcel tray has started to looose its shape. The center portion is slightly bent and also the line connecting bothe the edges seems to bave come up.. and is a little popping out.

When checked with the SA during my second service he said that it is a common issue in GPs and said that a log of owners have started doing aftermarket parcel trays in GP. Is this true?

I never remember placing any any heavy objects on the tray in all these 11 months. Please share your thoughts.
  2. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same problem also happened with my punto
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It might be because the twine suspending the tray is always locked on and the support for pulling it up is only at the sides. Since I have left the twine free, my tray is still flat. I did this because my tray needs some jugad to set into its slot correctly.
  4. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks @Pran.

Actually, i dont use the twine. I had removed them from them from the boot door and have them hang loose always. Can the issue be becsue of that?
  5. kiran_ns

kiran_ns Guest

I didn't had this problem. I have been using it to keep some light objects. But in the most recent service, the service people broke it & I got the replacement. Else, it was perfect.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    It should not bend as it is made of good quality plastic... It happened to one of my friend who used to leave the tray without hanging it with boot and used to keep a water bottle at the middle... The tray gets bent if you keep a wait equal to a 1 litre bottle of Kinley...
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    To
    Narayan & others

Installation of 6"x9" Speakers is not healthy for stock parcel tray