1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear mounted spare on punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by amitshedha, Mar 3, 2015.

1. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Has anyone tried the avventura rear wheel setup on punto evo or grande? This thought just came to my mind, not given a serious thought to it, but just checking if anyone has gone a stage further and contemplated if it is possible? Is the rear mounting mechanism/ avventura bumper available as spare yet?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    It would worth waiting before Punto/Evo owners start getting these ideas of installing the spare wheel outside. Let Fiat first resolve the existing Avventura niggles/issues with the spare wheel accessibility totally and then it can be thought of. It will not be just bumper which will have to bought, additionally the spare wheel set up also needs to be installed. Will be an expensive affair in my opinion.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I guess it would be worthwhile to let DC designs to come up with a solution. It needs solid reinforcement on the inside of the boot door and also a super strong pneumatic lift . I have seen the vibrations of the spare wheel while following the Avvy.

Abdul