1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear left tyre wearing out !!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by thomman85, Jun 6, 2012.

1. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After observing the car so closely I could make out a positive camber angle.Despite FASS claimed to have this uneven wear sorted out by having shims at the rear wheel, I could see a slight positive camber angle.Other than this does any component of the suspension setup contribute to this positive camber?Just like any bend to some of the parts,some thing like that to be inspected?
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Theoretically - if the axle vertically hits an object in between the suspension points it will lead to positive camber. Check axle, shocks and shims.
  3. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Even my car is suffering from left wheel wear out, I took it for balancing, rotation and alignment and that is when I got to know about the wear. 18250 kms done. How do we know if there is positive camber? I have the report from a reputed alignment centre here at bangalore. I have had not wobbling issues at high speed, though, pulling to the left has been present to some extent. I do not see any leak in suspension area to suspect. The alignment was off and got that corrected by adjusting the toe.
  4. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    naruf1 likes this.
  5. sandeep36427

sandeep36427 Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    same here,my car is 2011 model,active variant,mjd,done 90000kms,but from day 1 there is uneven tyre wear out in the outer portion of the rear left tyre and the inner portion of the rear right tyre,i am reporting this complaint from the first service to VECTO MOTORS BANGALORE,but till now they are not able to solve the problem,i have already changed 7 tyres,given a complaint to FIAT SERVICE TEAM ALSO,though vecto service centre people have changed the rear axle,stub axle,did shim adjustment,THE RESULT IS A BIG ZERO BOTH FROM THE VECTO SERVICE AND FROM THE FIAT INDIA SERVICE,ANY ACTIONS WHICH CAN COLLECTIVELY TAKEN,SOTHAT the problem of many fiat owners will be resolved,please post,
  6. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    I too had the same tyre wear issue and i used to swap the rear tyres...anyways i changed all my tyres one year back once they were out of life. my stock tyres were goodyear gt3, now chnaged to bridgestone turanza ar20
  7. Sharan

Sharan Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

Can someone suggest me how can we rectify or repair the camber angle issue? even i facing the same issue of tyre, as only one rear tyre has worn out in my FGP 2012 model