1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear left tyre wearing out !!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by thomman85, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

Even my car(April 2011 Make, Bought in May 2011) has the same problem too. I will check for this at RDC and update tomorrow. Only the rear left has worn out. ODO is 27.4K.
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

I am also having the problem of rear left wearing tire. Mine is June 2011 make 90hp.
  3. Navpreet Singh

Navpreet Singh Timido

I had shown this issue to Abs gurgaon this time. He claims that this is an alignment issue. All other parts are OK by doing a visual inspection. He has told me to bring the car tomorrow to get it done. I am confused now. He has quoted 450 bucks for the alignment!!
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Mine is a Punto 90 HP (March 2012 make) and i had this issue after second service. Wheel roation and wheel allignment was also done @ second service and there was no wear noticed at the time of service.
    After this i was noticing a sligh pull towards the left. So i went to get wheel allignment and balancing done where i noticed uneven tire wear on rear right tyre on the inside (was shown by the guy who was doing the job).
    I got the wheel allignment done and also got the tyre rotated inside out so the worn out side is now on the outer side.

After this i have done 4K kms and see that the tyre wear is normal. Ofcurse the one with more wear is still same, but overall comparision or wear is now equivalent. didn't notice uneven wear on anyof the tyres. Have been inspecting visually on a frequent rate after the allignment and balancing.

So i think from my experience, it could be a due to allignment and/or balancing issue also!!
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    @ raj, you are right. After I switched over to outside people for Wheel alignment & balancing job, tyre wear and tear is normal. Btw, I observed your Punto's tyre during Vecto meet. Dont worry buddy, your Accelers are in better condition than my GT3s :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  6. HariKrish

HariKrish Timido

Even i have the same issue with Left Rear wheel. clocked just 17k :( :(

Showed the same to Fiat Service Centre, opp shantiniketan ITPL. They said its normal, replace the tyre -> not any convincing reply :(

Please advise on how to proceed.
  7. arunfbtr

arunfbtr Timido

Dear Friend....today(11-9-2013)i had been to RAMKAY TVS Fiat chennai for some minor pbms to get solved....it was seen by the service engr that the rite front tyre(195/60 R15 good year,33200kms) had a crack of nearly 1"...when enquired,the answer was it may b due to the tyre might had lost its life....wheel balancing,alignment,pressure were done/maintained at the good level... may i know wats the pbm for this???wat can b done???whether good year can give me good solutions???
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  8. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    I too have the same issue just exactly similar to what Navpreet has apart from my car runs on 195?60/R15 apollp acelers.This seems to be a common problem to most of the cars.Many of us may have gone unnoticed the same:?:?.Wish that a proper diagnosis has been done.Can any one please throw light on this?
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Did anyone get the tyres replaced under warranty?
    My car had issue with rear wheel balancing (toe values were outside the limits) and resulted in wearing out right and left tyre, in the rear.
    Can I get them replaced by FIAT?
  10. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Even my rear left tyre is having the same issue, i need to check with FASS and my car is pulling slightly towards left. Did any body faced such kind of issues.?