1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear left tyre wearing out !!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by thomman85, Jun 6, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Have you ruled out the condition of the corresponding shock absorber due to which there may be uneven loading of the rear tyres. A weak shocks could even let the tyre drag with load instead of firming it up. Thats my thinking as otherwise why are you hearing a different noise ? .A twist could be a silent killer which you will not notice when you go over potholes

abdul
  2. HMV

HMV Timido

Thrissur
    The child lock is in normal position, though tried in child lock position- no luck
  3. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I too have the same issue front right-side and back left-side 16" goodyear tyres are worn out (thread have disappeared) . Already done with wheel balancing, wheel rotation X way and wheel balancing. Done 12K already. Not sure who is the culprit?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  4. Navpreet Singh

Navpreet Singh Timido

gurgaon
    I have a oct 12 Punto. Apart from the slight left pulling, my left rear tyre is wearing out from the side. The tyres are company fitted of JK tyre make.

I had shown this to Dhingra Motors Gurgaon but they were unable to identify and fix the issue. Infact the SA told me to get the left rear shocker and dead axle changed under warranty. Parts availability is an issue as Dhingra is not taking the fiat dealership.

Kindly adivse how should I proceed. What can be the issue that only left rear tyre is wearing out.All other tyres are showing only normal wear and tear. IMG_20130313_163046.jpg IMG_20130313_163036.jpg The ODO reading stands at 11k.

rgds
  5. Navpreet Singh

Navpreet Singh Timido

gurgaon
    I am also in the same boat.. My odo stands at 11k. I don't know what exactly is the issue. only left rear tyre is worn out from the sides. IMG_20130313_163036.jpg IMG_20130313_163046.jpg
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Navpreet JK toronados tend to wear out very quickly. Even i faced the same problem with my Punto Active. All my tyres wore out within 18k kms.
  7. Navpreet Singh

Navpreet Singh Timido

gurgaon
    Had that been the case..why only left rear tyre showing this wear..other tyres are still healthy..
  8. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Mods, appreciate if you can throw some light. Will be going for my 2nd service (15K) next week.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Causes are faulty bearing/faulty rear torsion beam/faulty rear suspension housing bush.

Problem of bent rear torsion beam is difficult to identify for Tata guys. Dealer of my city was unable to solve this problem. Finally expert fiat guys fixed problem by replacing torsion beam.

P.S. Dealer got award for highest selling of Tata car in India.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Navpreet , that is definitely either the shock absorber / torsion beam at fault.

Get them replaced under warranty.

Cheers.