1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear left tyre wearing out !!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by thomman85, Jun 6, 2012.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Uneven tire wear on back left tire.

When ever i go over portholes or bumps.. I hear a loud tap noise from the back left shocks.. on my 15k service i did mention it to the TASS but he said that normal and not to worry..

During a water service my car was lifted and thats when i notices the rear left tire had worn off more than my fron tires and the right rear tires. when i asked with other fiat /punto owners i got the same reply.

i came to know from a Service manager that the culprit is a twist ___(not sure will post it later). and that it can be replaced under warranty. he also mentioned this is universal in India makes and more evident in active and dynamic as they had smaller tires. more over fiat will replace of refund the amount if the tire was worn out because of this issue..
  2. pons

pons

which is your car model year, total how many kms it has run so far
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

mine is a emotion pack 75hp, 2011 model: May make, bought it in October.. and total is run 20575km
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    same here thomman, mine has covered 24k now but only right left rear tyre is worn to drastically. Now no life is left in that tyre, its almost looking like slick tyre now. But i don't have that much time & strength to fight with stone headed SAs!! Don't know what to do. :-(
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

it can be replaced under warranty, if everything is stock.. i mean the rim, alloys size. and that service has been done properly and alignment was done as well.. ones these criteria are done. tass can forward it to fait and they will verify if the service history. if all ok.. then they will agree..
  6. kansal.dheeraj

kansal.dheeraj

Delhi
    Hi thomman,

In my case all the four tyres have uneven wear. But they are putting the blame on JK Tyres. So we had a meeting with JK Tyre technician and he reported that it is some problem with car. Any idea that how should I go about this ?

Best regards,
    Dheeraj
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Sorry.. i have no clue on this.. but if its caused due to the tire... the tire company will compensate....

take it to a tire garage.. and mention the problem to them.. they might give u some unbiased answer....
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: Uneven tire wear on back left tire.

@thomman: Did you checked if your rear left alloy has a minute bend. A wheel balancing machine can tell that.

I am also facing the same issue with rear left worn out more than other but the culprit is a very minute bend in my alloy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  9. HMV

HMV Timido

Thrissur
    I am also facing this same issue, my left rear tire is wear is more as compared to the other tires. I informed the SA during my second service (15000KM- 5 days back) but nothing has done. I noticed after reaching home they do not have even tire rotation done. They even managed to break some thing from left aft door, so the door is not getting opened from inside (they replaced some winder in side the door without informing me, but winder and everything was working earlier). Will be going to service center again tomorrow. :uh
    One more thing they charged me Rs 350 plus taxes for wheel alignment also( for labor). Washing was also very poor, no cleaning inside and no cleaning in the wheel arches etc
    Only thing they had done good is my dent repair ;)
    Got a call from Fiat feedback and reported all problems faced to fiat, do not know whether any action will be done from Fiat end.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: Uneven tire wear on back left tire.

Please check if the child lock is enabled or disabled.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2