1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear fender metal or fibre ?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by solomon13, Jan 27, 2015.

1. solomon13

solomon13 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Guys,

Need some help. Last week had a nasty scratch on the rear right wheel arch(pics attached) of my Punto. On closer examination found wear and tear as that on a fiber material.
    While i was wondering and checking how to get it fixed, found that this part extends till top of driver door. Should the part be replaced as the whole or is there any quick fix? I am worried more about the tear and get it fixed and not paint it. If there is no option would for replacement and paint. Please post your suggestions

Thanks

WP_20150124_001.jpg
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Which year is your car manufactured?
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Is it the arch on the rear door? If yes then it should be a metal one.
    The denting & painting of this job can be done in aprox. Rs. 3000 out side FASC. This is my Brother-in-laws GP.

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6276.JPG

IMG_6306.JPG

IMG_6307.JPG
  4. solomon13

solomon13 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @bibin make is 2012
    @rishi the scratch is little stretched towards the rear door on the arch not on the door itself .
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Oh. But I think this can be done outside FASC if you want to. I got the quote of Rs. 7500/- from FASC & they asked me to use insurance with duration of 3 days. Where I got the work done in single day.

Show this to a service center which has a proper paint both & check out the price comparison with FASC.
    solomon13 likes this.
  6. solomon13

solomon13 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    thanks rishi.. will check and go for the best option available. Just skeptical if other SC's can replicate the exact color.
  7. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @solomon13 It looks like a plastic part having cuts/tears. Does not look like a metal part. Can you please attach a photo from little distance so that we can understand exactly where this part is?
  8. solomon13

solomon13 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
  9. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's metal
  10. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That is metal part for sure. But why the paint damage looks like a plastic part showing some torn fibrous material? It looks like the filler applied under the paint is torn. Is it because the paint layer is very thick there? It is unlikely such a thick layer of filler is used when it is painted in factory. Wondering was that part touched up earlier and damaged again?
    solomon13 likes this.