1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Rear Drum to Disc Conversion

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    EBC, BREMBO, ROULANDS and many more.

Yes- They are plug and play. ditto design like OEM ones.

Price- Almost similar / less than OEM , strange but true.

The ABS module needs to be calibrated. EBD too. Under the hood you will observe a big box with brake pipes in it. I fear that may need a change too. Can you confirm this from the eper.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Is the rear torsion beam the exact same part number in the Eper? And the rotor mounts.

Check other misc fittings part no.s as well.

Also, what is FIAT's take on the warranty aspect? Are you under extended warranty.

The major expenses seem to be the calipers. And the rotor mountings if different from the drum one.

Cheers.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

After recently enjoying an A4 with all round disc breaks, I have also become a fan of all round disc breaks.

@Italia-Linea : Do we have distributors of these performance pads in India? The idea of performance break pads is good - may be when it is time ot replace my break pads, I will start looking for them.

OT: long time back, one road side mech tried to make quick buck by trying to sell me KBX break pads for my Honda unicorn saying that they are imported and much better and KBX is a big supplier in F1 - when I told him that KBX is 'Kalyani Breaks' and is made in india, the look t his face was price less.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Anoop even my intention is the same. I think in Kerala Petes might have these stuff . Your chances of getting these in b'lore is much more than in Kerala.
    :nicethread
  5. If anyone has any idea of where it can be done then do post.... :)
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Vijay Khasa got Roulands in Delhi.

Best way buy online from ebay.co.uk
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The ABS Pump, ABS ECU are different in T-Jet and Master Cylinder, Brake booster too are different so sadly the project is on hold until I find a wrecked T-Jet in any junkyard with above parts working.
    1 person likes this.
  8. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    i feel brakes of punto are already sufficient . and it will be a risky job with no certain life.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I feel the same too.. Instead of getting all round disks why dont you go in for
    1.) Performance pads
    2.) slotted Rotors
    3.) Tyres with more grip.

Also get you're brake drums cleaned.
    The other point is in the long run you will end up spending a lot of money due to this conversion.
    Firstly the whole setup is going to be expensive.
    And performance rotors/pads are definitely not cheap..
    Look at it this way if each pad costs you 4k then you will be spending 20K regularly to maintain you're setup cleanly.
    Let me also tell you performance pads would mean that they would die sooner than normal pads..

So think about it.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    if you sure want this conversion select BOSCH disc braking system its available in market , its premium but worth it.